No announcement yet.

Jon Stewart thinks that Clinton's surplus eliminated the National Debt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
    If he was Japanese, you'd both be on his nuts.
    Lets be fair now... Japanese only have enough nuts for one person at a time to hang on.

Comment

If you're legitimately curious...you'll do your own homework. Then again....I've seen more sensible articulations from non-scholars (at least they're not recognized as one) then those defined as one. All that is is pretentious dick measuring contest.

It's about Capitalism. Lassaze faire...Free Markets. A Small Govt to accommodate it. Ask ol' Congressman Ronnie Paul ....from whom and where he got his Economic viewpoints from. His fans seem to think that he pioneered his message....when guys like Murray Rothbard paved the way for him.

Does my boy Walter Block qualify as scholar?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        And what scholarly opinion are you looking for? That Obama hasn't accrued massive amounts of Debt, or that it was all bushes fault?
        Apparently some of these guys need a complicated scholarly debate on why 16 Trillion debt, regulations, Monetary Policy are bad.

A scholarly polar opposite of some Govt. appointed Keynesian Economist/Paul Krugman clones, who have no idea what they're talking about and distract us with esoteric mathematical equation about macroeconomics.

It's no competition. Get me an Average Joe from the Tea Party who understands history and a few principles of Capitalism...and he beats their snobbish, Obama supporting University Professor.

Comment

I was talking about a specific point, but thanks for trying guys I guess. It was sort of a meaningless question to ask though. I already know where O'Reilly's source material comes from, and that is indeed the rightwing think tanks, for example the Heritage Foundation, the Cato Institute, etc.

Comment

O'reilly probably got his cliffs notes from Milton Friedman.

Comment

If politicians and economists knew anything about politics and economics, the world wouldn't be the 3rd rate civilisation it is. Greed has destroyed the fabric of human society and it won't recover until basic social principles are adhered to at the very highest levels of government and economics.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                Greed has destroyed the fabric of human society

Destroyed eh? Greed has always been here with us, from the beginning of times. Don't blame greed. Speaking of greed, enjoy:

Comment

That's actually a fairly common fallacy on the left. Clinton did a very good job of controlling the growth of government, combined with the increase in revenues from the dot-com boom and beginning of the housing bubble (helped by Bill's repeal of Glass-Steagall Act) led to a lowering of the Debt/GDP ratio. The National Debt still increased about 1.5 trillion during his 2 terms.

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  Not increasing spending when its already astronomically high is not any sort of success.
                  Yeah you have a very large deficit for FY 2009 (Oct 1, 2008 - Sep 30, 2009) mostly because of TARP (which Obama voted for) and about 1/3 of the Stimulus (Obama's economy "fix.") Half of TARP was spent under Obama and most of TARP (the money loaned to banks) has been paid back. Meaning about 1 trillion of that 1.4 trillion was spent under Obama. However pundits try to attribute all of that to Bush, then take FY 2009 spending as a baseline and praise Obama's small increases from that. Which is beyond absurd.

I have always felt that democrat in office while both houses are republican is a good check's and balances system, sense the Democrat is usually more socially palatable as a public figurehead.
                  I agree, but that person has to be able to work with (and respect) the other side. Clinton became much more moderate after the 2004 elections (when Republicans took back the House for the first time in 40 years and strengthened their position in the Senate) and showed considerable leadership ability in working with a Rep House and Senate for his last 6 years.
                  Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 10-28-2012, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                    I was talking about a specific point, but thanks for trying guys I guess. It was sort of a meaningless question to ask though. I already know where O'Reilly's source material comes from, and that is indeed the rightwing think tanks, for example the Heritage Foundation, the Cato Institute, etc.
                    Get off your high horse. You are not clever. You are not smarter than everyone. You don't hold some secret insight into how the world works.

Comment

My favorite part is when liberals dont know how to read graphs, and use said graphs in their arguments. Brb, what does growth mean?

Sadly, its a testament to how dumb the masses truly are. But hey, atleast you got an obamaphone. Brb, bash bush for his out of control spending, and turn a blind eye to obamas even worse spending (see above graph and take note of the word 'growth')

Comment

Working...
                      X