No announcement yet.

leonard duran 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leonard duran 3

I know leonard won this fight easily but was wondering how he got cut up was it from durans head or some of the infrequent punches roberto landed?

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
    I know leonard won this fight easily but was wondering how he got cut up was it from durans head or some of the infrequent punches roberto landed?
    All I remember was that the cut was in the very last round. It was a bad cut and would have been an issue if it had happened earlier. And if it terminated this dreadful fight it would have been a blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      All I remember was that the cut was in the very last round. It was a bad cut and would have been an issue if it had happened earlier. And if it terminated this dreadful fight it would have been a blessing.
      Yeah, that's one of the few fights I had no desire to watch more than once.

Comment

If I remeber correctly durans mind was on the Irs and that payday helped him pay off the debt. The debt was from the no mas fight I believe. That fight haunted roberto for a long time.

Comment

I don't see how it was dreadful. Leonard just boxed all night which made it difficult for Roberto to get off. However, he did get off a great right hand late that seemed to have Ray quite hurt. Ali had a lot of fights that were similar.

Comment

It was a single right hand in the 11th or 12th. Hurt Leonard pretty bad actually. I remember laughing at the commentators who thought Leonard had landed a good shot, and were yelling "Oooh, Leonard just landed a big right that hurt Roberto!" all the while blood is pissing out of Leonard's face suddenly and his eyes and legs go all funny. He could have won via TKO if he had landed it early in the fight, but he didn't and he didn't do **** all and it was awful and so he lost.

Comment

You have to hand it to Leonard... He outsmarted the Duran camp by having the rematch too soon (knowing Duran's voracious appetite would get the better of him and be forced to lose weight precipitously) and having the tie-breaker way too long after (thereby retaining his then daunting 5-year advantage).

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
                You have to hand it to Leonard... He outsmarted the Duran camp by having the rematch too soon (knowing Duran's voracious appetite would get the better of him and be forced to lose weight precipitously) and having the tie-breaker way too long after (thereby retaining his then daunting 5-year advantage).
                Duran's career was very up and down after he quit against Leonard in the second fight. He didn't exactly set the world on fire to get a third fight.
                Last edited by joseph5620; 10-02-2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X