No announcement yet.

If Hopkins / Calzaghe rematched ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Hopkins / Calzaghe rematched ...

... after their RJJ / Pavlik fights. Who would win and why?
    Bernard Hopkins
    35.45%
    Joe Calzaghe
    64.55%

Ill start off and say Hopkins... Joe has been inactive for a while..who knows if he is still in, or even capable of, getting in the same fighting form?

Whereas Bhop has been hovering around boxing still, staying in reasonable shape.

Plus who knows how Joe ages in comparison to Bhop?

Comment

oh i see...u meant if the Joe after RJJ and the Bhop right after Pavlik fought....

I'd give Joe the benefit of the doubt then.. was still in good form and fitness back then

Comment

why not Hopkins? what would make this different to their first fight?

Comment

It would probably be another SP. Could go either way.

Comment

What factors would they take from the first fight, ammend and bring to the rematch?

Comment

Joe wouldn't have to adjust to Bernard in the end, he would be on from round 1 and slap him into an enormous UD win.

Comment

I don't see what would change so Calzaghe again by close decsion.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
                  Joe wouldn't have to adjust to Bernard in the end, he would be on from round 1 and slap him into an enormous UD win.
                  he should want to adjust since he was the only one getting hit cleanly. he should come up with a strategy to actually hit hopkins and score points instead of last time where he lost the first half of the fight then got frustrated and just flailed away trying to get a stoppage since he was so far behind. lucky for him the judges forgot the first 8 rounds. but will he be so lucky this time?

Comment

I predict everyone would be asleep by round 3.

Comment

Working...
                    X