Is pacquiao really broke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is pacquiao really broke?

As in money wise? Obviously not skill wise

yes Despite returning like a hero from beating Brandon Rios over the weekend, Manny Pacquiao said Tuesday he has no money to keep his promise to help typhoon victims because Philippine revenue authorities have frozen his bank accounts.

The Bureau of Internal Revenue says Pacquiao hasn't proved he paid taxes in 2008-2009. It has assessed that Pacquiao, once one of the world's highest paid athletes, owed 2.2 billion pesos ($50 million) in back taxes as of July.

Comment

Nope he is not. He just fought and earned a lot of millions, plus he just donated around 20 million dollars to charity to his homelands recent tragedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
        Nope he is not. He just fought and earned a lot of millions, plus he just donated around 20 million dollars to charity to his homelands recent tragedy.
        he was not able to keep his word because all his money is frozen they sayin top rank lied about paying his taxes

Comment

There have been rumors circulating of him being in a bad spot financially since 2010 probably not a coincidence that this is around the time he allegedly didn't pay his taxes ... The timelines certainly match up. If I had to guess I'd say yea. Rich people broke.. Not BROKE,broke.

Comment

Mixed answers there

Comment

Originally posted by kurt0411 View Post
              Mixed answers there
              read this http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ve-typhoon-aid

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                he was not able to keep his word because all his money is frozen they sayin top rank lied about paying his taxes
                Well, I did not know about that. Did not see your post either till I had posted, just quickly read the headlines that Pac had donated a large amount of money to charity.

What taxes can be so expensive that Manny Pacquaio can't afford it in the Phillipines. Sounds a little too "good" to be true.

Comment

A friend of mine who lives in the same area as Manny said he saw him hand in a CV to McDonalds.

Comment

Good article on the subject

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/201...t-2013-profile

Comment

Working...
                    X