Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't people want Broner to clean out 135?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    He will move up to 140 eventually but let him try to wipe out the lightweights first. So few fighters these days put their stamp on a division so if he wants to try it then I say more power to him.

Gavin Rees is a perfectly acceptable fight until the other champs free themselves up or stop making unreasonable purse demands.
    because their favorite fighters never went through this stage in their careers when they were young, their favorite fighters fought big names only, before they settled in at a particular weight class they didnt clean out divisions at smaller weights even fighting good fighters with lesser names.... this is the biggest NO NO in boxing even though everyone even the greats did it....

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      Clearly Burns doesn't want the fight but they keep revisiting it for some reason but I'm supposed to believe Vazquez doesn't it want either when hes repeatedly called for it???[/B]

Can one of you guys answer this for me plz???
      This question makes no sense. Burns and Vazquez have fuq all to do with each other and I dont see whats so hard to believe about Vazquez's promoter turning down a Broner fight earlier in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        Clearly Burns doesn't want the fight but they keep revisiting it for some reason but I'm supposed to believe Vazquez doesn't it want either when hes repeatedly called for it???[/B]
        Burns has said he wants it...as long as he gets three or four times his highest payday. Tax free.

Maybe Miguel Vasquez wants it in the same way. Since $350,000 wasn't enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Have you known Eric Gomez to lie before? He even threw out an exact dollar amount.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until someone offers proof contradicting him.

Oh I get it, Vasquez is forever out of the "Broner sweepstakes" cuz Eric Gomez "might" be telling the truth you guys are too much.

Comment

A 25-year-old from Guadalajara, Mexico, Vazquez has not suffered defeat while competing at 135 pounds, having fallen by decisions against current WBC junior middleweight titleholder Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and WBO welterweight beltholder Tim Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
              Oh I get it, Vasquez is forever out of the "Broner sweepstakes" cuz Eric Gomez "might" be telling the truth you guys are too much.
              Who said this?????

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
                provide some intel then

Comment

I say Broner still has competition at 135. Abril, Burns, Rees. I mean what if Gamboa moves to 135 after this defense?

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                    This question makes no sense. Burns and Vazquez have fuq all to do with each other and I dont see whats so hard to believe about Vazquez's promoter turning down a Broner fight earlier in the year.
                    How doesn't it make sense??? Burns has shown hes not itching to fight Broner anytime soon..... But they keep revisiting it..... Why???

Vazquez reportedly turned the fight down once so no need to ever try and make that fight again..... Why???

Burns has done it multiple times (turning down the fight) but they keep trying to make the fight..... Vazquez reportedly turned it down once so don't try that one again ever again though Broner can become the Ring champ if he wins (with the highest rated fighter possible)..... How does that make sense???

Comment

Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
                      I say Broner still has competition at 135. Abril, Burns, Rees. I mean what if Gamboa moves to 135 after this defense?
                      Theres nothing wrong with him staying at 135. You just have the idiots on the site who want him to move there just so they can claim hes ducking Rios, Matthysse, and Garcia when those dudes won't even fight each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X