Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
    Who did he duck?
    Where is the list
    Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
    Page 11 shows me nothing.
    Where is the list of fighters Floyd ducked
    Check page 10, second to last post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Floyd is a great fighter, based on #'s & the fact that he's undefeated period. But when I take a deeper look at who he fought, when he fought them & who he did not fight, there's a lot to be desired.

But at welterweight, there is only 1 fighter he should have fought but didn't & that's Margarito. At 154 there's only 1 fight that will without a doubt define his legacy imo, that's Martinez. Other than that he is an atg, just not high as his current fans care to admit.
      Who has Martinez beat to be considered Floyds legacy fight?
      Just stop.

And is Martinez legacy complete without fighting Floyd?

And who did he not fight from 130-154?

Answers please.....

Comment

• Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
        I read that book in LA. Very good read. Im not avoiding the question, I cant defend that. Yes, its wrong, but the amount of fighters he's faced and the amount of legends he's faced more than makes up for that. Where as Floyd doesnt have the resume to defend his ducking ways.
        Yea you were avoiding it because it took until now for you to answer and I asked that over an hour ago~

Floyd career and legacy are just fine, even someone like you who hates him has to compare him to Ray Robinson to make him look bad~ that is the ultimate compliment~

Comment

• Ok, im done for the day, heading to the gym. All floyd hugger posts will be carefully read through and dissected later on, either today or tomorrow, but im spent.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Yea you were avoiding it because it took until now for you to answer and I asked that over an hour ago~

Floyd career and legacy are just fine, even someone like you who hates him has to compare him to Ray Robinson to make him look bad~ that is the ultimate compliment~
            Um, no, im replying back to like 4 different posters, Im sorry I didnt have the time to hit the back button and go through 3 pages to see that you wrote that. And I gave you a logical answer, and now your acting like you've won some battle for Floyd's heart. Im using Ray Rob as an example, because he is the GOAT. We're discussing that fact that Floyd is not the GOAT by any stretch of the imagination, so why not use the real GOAT as an example as to why Floyd cant hold his jock strap.
            Last edited by timboslice708; 08-04-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

He's not the best LW, and he's definitely not the best WW, so when people say he's the greatest, defensive wizard, most accurate puncher, etc. he's still not better than the best of all times.
              I'm not sure this makes much sense. Roy Jones wasn't the greatest in any of the traditional divisions either. Neither was Manny Pacquiao. So there legacies aren't secure?

Comment

Um, no, im replying back to like 4 different posters, Im sorry I didnt have the time to hit the back button and go through 3 pages to see that you wrote that.
                He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  LOL. Your acting like im making excuses for why my light bills arent paid. Thats a Floyd fan boys problem. You take boxing forum debates and apply them to real world applications. The real question is, do you have a job? And at what fast food chain?

Comment

• OK OK this time im serious, gonna take a shower and hit up the gym, peace out, Floyd fan boys will be dealt with later. Good debating with you guys.

Comment

LOL. Your acting like im making excuses for why my light bills arent paid. Thats a Floyd fan boys problem. You take boxing forum debates and apply them to real world applications. The real question is, do you have a job? And at what fast food chain?
                      Your light bills aren't paid? Sounds like you are the one with employment problems.

Good luck with getting your lights back on~

Comment

Working...
                      X