Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like Kelly Pavlik but I think he is not gonna do NOTHING at 168....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see him beating nobody besides maybe Bute at 168. Dude cuts up super easy now. Martinez sliced him up for life.

Comment

Yeah, he didn't look too good last weekend against Will Rosinsky, although Will is a pretty decent fighter. He got hit a lot. I like Pavlik a lot too but I'm not sure I see him beating many of the top guys at SMW either.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
        we already saw Arthur Abraham is also way too small for super middleweight. Actually I could have posted the same thread for Abraham (instead of Pavlik), and everything would be true as well. Only difference is that Pavlik might be a gatekeeper at 168, while Im pretty sure Abraham wont be able to be a gatekeeper.

Abraham will be the new WBO super middleweight champ on 8-25-12.

Comment

He is too small for 168, he will make a good fight for some of the top guys. Atleast he has a chin and will fight to the end, so I will watch any of his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            he'd pound arthur abraham as well, but that guy is a non-factor at 168 anyway.

i do think kelly makes for a good fight for rodriguez, though, which is a nice way of me saying that he can act as a top flight gatekeeper.
            Pavlik beats Rodriguez without question!!!
            I'm a big fan of Rosinsky since I'm from Queens NY....and Rosinsky beat Rodriguez and got robbed IMO.....Lou Dibella won't let Rodriguez anywhere NEAR Pavlik....Dibella wouldn't be able protect him vs. a TOP RANK Bob Arum fighter with a HUGE name like Kelly Pavlik!!! Lou DiBella won't let Rodriguez fight anyone he can't protect him against until he's 30-0 when he can finally cash him out!.....boxing is a dirty money business!!!!!

plus no one wants to see Pavlik-Rodriguez....Edwin RAN away from Rosinsky for the entire fight.....imagine what he would do with Pavlik

Comment

The Cobra would destroy him IMHO, as would Kessler.

Comment

You may be right, I would like to see him against Kessler, Bute, and Abraham though. I wouldn't count the Ghost out in those fights.

Comment

I like Kelly & think he's a decent fighter, but he's not going to beat the top guys at SMW, i don't think Pavlik will deal with their power.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    froch is not easy to hit. he's actually pretty cute considering that he's not fast.

he boxed abraham's doors off
                    same with johnson

he'd win every round against pavlik. kelly's only advantages would be handspeed and power.
                    Damn if Kelly has better hand speed, you must be slow that's just embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                    X