Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This one dude from romania said something about ALI resume that got me mad!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 887 View Post
    Not only did dude say ALI resume is overhype,, but he also claim that the klitschkos would whoop anyone on ali's resume!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he telling me the golden era of the 70's couldn't compete with the eastern euros that be dominating today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in light of the greatest's passing I lost my mind! I was ready to fight dude then and there but my peoples held me back from putting a whooping on that clown!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll got you next time Andrei!!!!! I never let sht like that fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Theres a big size difference most heavies of the 70's were 200 to 215 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Theres a big size difference most heavies of the 70's were 200 to 215 pounds
      Very true. That's a big problem w/ HW that people sadly ignore. With something like Jr Welter, the next weight class is 5% away in terms of weight. W/ HW you've got a MASSIVE disparity in size between some competitors and it's hardly realistic to compare generations since many of the HW greats would either be bulking to compete with the new standard, or cutting down to fall into another weight class and thus not even HW's at all.

205lb Joe Frasier was one of the greatest HW's ever. Do we lose any respect for him because he couldn't compete with a 6'7" monster?? Of course not, we know he wouldn't be fighting as a HW today. People who argue about that sort of thing don't "get it" to begin with.

Comment

We got bigger HW's now. But, could they compete against Giants?

Buffalo bill Cody:

Excepted from his book!

https://zamzummim.org/2014/05/07/buf...alo-to-eat-it/

“While we were in the sand hills, scouting the Niobrara country, the Pawnee Indians brought into camp some very large bones, one of which the surgeon of the expedition pronounced to be the thigh-bone of a human being. The Indians claimed that the bones they had found were those of a person belonging to a race of people who a long time ago lived in this country; that there was once a race of men on the earth whose size was about three times that of an ordinary man, and they were so swift and powerful that they could run along-side of a buffalo, and, taking the animal in one arm, could tear off a leg and eat the meat as they walked.” *

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Very true. That's a big problem w/ HW that people sadly ignore. With something like Jr Welter, the next weight class is 5% away in terms of weight. W/ HW you've got a MASSIVE disparity in size between some competitors and it's hardly realistic to compare generations since many of the HW greats would either be bulking to compete with the new standard, or cutting down to fall into another weight class and thus not even HW's at all.

205lb Joe Frasier was one of the greatest HW's ever. Do we lose any respect for him because he couldn't compete with a 6'7" monster?? Of course not, we know he wouldn't be fighting as a HW today. People who argue about that sort of thing don't "get it" to begin with.
          Agreed.

If it really came down to it and the fantasy fights were real and people were betting with their hard-earned money I think they would change their tune.

The bookies would most likely make some pretty unspectacular modern Super-Heavies a betting favourite over a lot of the stand-out heavies of yesteryear.

Comment

... It's just stupid comparing the HWs up the '70s with some of today's giants.
            In my book, Ali is The Greatest and SRR is TBE...

Comment

Don't ever let bullies see you cry my man

Comment

The OP would be impaled by the Romanian, like Vlad Tepes impaled Muslim Turks!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  We got bigger HW's now. But, could they compete against Giants?

Buffalo bill Cody:

Excepted from his book!

https://zamzummim.org/2014/05/07/buf...alo-to-eat-it/

“While we were in the sand hills, scouting the Niobrara country, the Pawnee Indians brought into camp some very large bones, one of which the surgeon of the expedition pronounced to be the thigh-bone of a human being. The Indians claimed that the bones they had found were those of a person belonging to a race of people who a long time ago lived in this country; that there was once a race of men on the earth whose size was about three times that of an ordinary man, and they were so swift and powerful that they could run along-side of a buffalo, and, taking the animal in one arm, could tear off a leg and eat the meat as they walked.” *
                  Can't rep you again yet but as a fan of quirky western history, I just wanted to give that a nod and

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                    he slighted you and your people, probably in front of your girl, too, while you just sat there clutching your hennessey and coke. soft.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Can't rep you again yet but as a fan of quirky western history, I just wanted to give that a nod and
                      Thanks. I don't doubt the story at all.

There have been giant skeletons found all over the world.

Fury, Wlad, and others would be eaten by those Giants, with double sets of teeth.

So much we don't know, and can't explain.

Comment

Working...
                      X