Interstellar.....non spoilers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=657892

like what i said in my thread. it's just going back to earth. without really having able to do anything.
    Why would you post spoilers when 99% of people around here haven't yet seen it???

Comment

Came back and thought the film was very good. I went in with no expectations and in typical Nolan fashion I'm blown away by the production. Visuals and sound were amazing.

and I also cringed like a motherfucker whenever a dialog scene happened that wasn't Coop and Murph. It's very clear whatever Mumbo Jumbo was coming out of Nolan's head when he wrote the scripts that the actors involved had no idea what they were saying. It felt very unnatural and at first I thought I was just too dumb to understand, but as the movie went on I felt more and more that the actors themselves didn't do a good enough job to fully understand what they're saying and it hurt their performances drastically. I laughed whenever [SPOILER CAMEO] opened his mouth.

I am convinced now more than ever that Mcconaughey is one of the best actors on the planet. He was phenomenal in this one. Absolutely positively extra-terrestrial awesome.

Overall it's a fun flick if you go in without expectations. Just my 2 cents. Had way more fun with this one than the TDKR.
      Last edited by WARQUEZ; 11-07-2014, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Dogs! View Post
        That wasn't a cameo. It's a supporting role. I was shocked that an A-list actor like him played the villain of the movie and more shocking that it was never teased in any of the trailers or commercials.

IMO it was good but not great. I'd have to watch it again in IMAX to get the full experience. Apparently, Spielberg was going to direct this movie back in 2006 and you can see all of the Spielbergian inspiration.
        Yes, perhaps cameo wasn't the proper term here, I was surprised too though.

Spielberg was initially going to direct the film, but he had nothing to do with writing it because Jonathan Nolan (Christopher's brother) is the one who wrote the original script. Christopher Nolan later picked up the project and added his own touch to it, there's no "Speilbergian inspiration" in this film as he had nothing to do with it. It's all Nolan-family.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Yes, perhaps cameo wasn't the proper term here, I was surprised too though.

Spielberg was initially going to direct the film, but he had nothing to do with writing it because Jonathan Nolan (Christopher's brother) is the one who wrote the original script. Christopher Nolan later picked up the project and added his own touch to it, there's no "Speilbergian inspiration" in this film as he had nothing to do with it. It's all Nolan-family.
          From wikipedia:

Screenwriter Jonathan Nolan was hired by director Steven Spielberg to write a script for Interstellar, and he worked on it for four years.

This means that Spielberg had A LOT to do with Jonathan Nolan's script.

Christopher kept in place Jonathan's conception of the first hour, which is set on a resource-depleted Earth in the near future. Christopher instead revised the rest of the script in which a team travels into space.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Why would you post spoilers when 99% of people around here haven't yet seen it???
            Because he is ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
              http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=657892

like what i said in my thread. it's just going back to earth. without really having able to do anything.
              why isnt this guy banned yet

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous movie. It had that same "heavy" "bigger than life" feel that inception had except it's much more emotional.. much more real because of everything that's at stake there is just so much sacrifice and loss and a sense of danger.

Some of the visuals left me in complete awe, some of the scenes were complete sensory orgasms. This is something you have to see in IMAX, or the highest quality theater available

One of the things that drew me to this movie was this scene he had with his daughter in the trailer.

I'm not going to lie, I cried my eyes out at the end, and I didn't give a ****.

This was the best Matthew Mcconaughey performance I have ever seen and he's shaping up to be a phenomenal actor. I think I have a crush on him now.
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-08-2014, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                  Absolutely gorgeous movie. It had that same "heavy" "bigger than life" feel that inception had except it's much more emotional.. much more real because of everything that's at stake there is just so much sacrifice and loss and a sense of danger.

Some of the visuals left me in complete awe, some of the scenes were complete sensory orgasms. This is something you have to see in IMAX, or the highest quality theater available

One of the things that drew me to this movie was this scene he had with his daughter in the trailer.

I'm not going to lie, I cried my eyes out at the end, and I didn't give a ****.

This was the best Matthew Mcconaughey performance I have ever seen and he's shaping up to be a phenomenal actor. I think I have a crush on him now.
                  Homie, I was fighting back tears during the scene where he was watching the videos of his family and he was crying. Not even ashamed man.

Comment

Working...
                  X