Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito That Beat Cotto vs Canelo....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margarito That Beat Cotto vs Canelo....

Liam Smith bullied Canelo up onto the ropes in the first round. So there are no excuses of him gassing. lol @ that. I have current 1 eyed Margarito stopping Liam Smith in the 9th.

It only goes 1 way in my mind... prime Tony relentlessly walking Canelo down into the ropes but instead of standing in front of him like that Brit.... he puts his head on Canelo's chest and just snatch his wind from some hellacious rib shots. Round 6 and on would be very entertaining to watch imo.

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    Liam Smith bullied Canelo up onto the ropes in the first round. So there are no excuses of him gassing. lol @ that. I have current 1 eyed Margarito stopping Liam Smith in the 9th.

It only goes 1 way in my mind... prime Tony relentlessly walking Canelo down into the ropes but instead of standing in front of him like that Brit.... he puts his head on Canelo's chest and just snatch his wind from some hellacious rib shots. Round 6 and on would be very entertaining to watch imo.
    Margarito couldn't bully true 154 pounders see both Santos fights. It would go exactly like the Angulo fight.

Comment

He tried staying at WW for a reason. Couldn't hang with true good JMWs. He gets countered all night, potentially stopped late. And does he have his special wraps BTW? The one that his wife made that he just can't fight without? Do keep in mind this is the same guy who would of lost to Clottey prior to Clottey more or less throwing the fight out of nowhere in the 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
        Margarito couldn't bully true 154 pounders see both Santos fights. It would go exactly like the Angulo fight.

Margarito is quicker than Angulo.

btw Angulo was coming back when they waved it off.

Margarito that beat prime cotto is better than Canelo that fought worn torn cotto to a controversial decision.

Comment

Margarito can't do that to 154 pounder's, gets stopped like Angulo

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
            Margarito is quicker than Angulo.

btw Angulo was coming back when they waved it off.

Margarito that beat prime cotto is better than Canelo that fought worn torn cotto to a controversial decision.
            I know that prime Margarito was faster than Angulo,but he still wasn't a speed demon and could be hit. Their was nothing controversial about the Cotto/Canelo decision and Angulo was definitely not coming back.

Comment

I think he'd beat up a younger Canelo, the Canelo that was active right before Margs retired. The one who fought Mosley, Cintron, etc. Not today's Canelo though.

Comment

Canelo won't be bullied by margarito and would light up margairto like a Christmas tree..

Margarito is the biggest hype job of the past decade.. Fanboys make him out to be this unstoppable monster, yet he is basically a one-hit wonder with cotto, and untested green prospects...
                Vs legit guys like clottey, santos, williams, shane,,,, margarito wasnt a monster

Comment

Canelo would make brickito look stupid.

Comment

Canelo doesn't strike me as a fighter who can be steamrollered. He looks pretty solid to me physically and mentally, he has that knack of not taking the full force of punches that hit him, like a lot of the great Mexican fighters, he rolls his head well.

In terms of Cotto, some fighters have that aura about them where you can sense that they are a little bit vulnerable. There were signs that Cotto could be hurt and pushed back long before Margarito. What made people think Cotto would win the first fight was the versatility he showed up to that fight, I don't think anybody thought he would win a slugfest or outlast Margarito.

Any man can be overpowered or bullied if they give up too much size but I don't see that happening to Canelo against a prime margarito or anyone around 154-160 so GGG fans beware.

If he lacked toughness or mental fortitude it would have shown up by now, especially in those early fights in Mexico when he was mid-teenager learning his craft against tough, rugged, hard pro's. Mexican fighters don't necessarily have the flash or reach the level of skill of the best African American fighters, but you know the one's that do make it to the top are battle tested at the lower levels, and they aren't going to be soft touches, history tells us this much.

I think the Margarito that faced Cotto would make a good start and come out blazing in round 2 like he seemed to against everyone around that time. But against Canelo it would be like trying to move a brick wall for him as the fight wore on, and I think Canelo would start to wear him down with his counter punching, accuracy and combinations. Either late stoppage or UD for Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X