Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which hw's past/present would you give a good chance to beat 1970s Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which hw's past/present would you give a good chance to beat 1970s Foreman?

Aside from Ali of course. And by 70's Foreman, I mean pre-Ali, because after that fight he was never the same. Twas a shame because we'll never know how good he could've been because technically he never fought in his physical prime.

Personally I don't think there are many. George was a special kind of beast and I think he'd walk down just about any fighter in the heavyweight division, past or present. That includes Tyson and Lewis. He's definitely one of my favorite all time fighters and if there was ever a fighter I'd like to sit down and discuss boxing with, it'd be him.

What say you, turds?

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Aside from Ali of course. And by 70's Foreman, I mean pre-Ali, because after that fight he was never the same. Twas a shame because we'll never know how good he could've been because technically he never fought in his physical prime.

Personally I don't think there are many. George was a special kind of beast and I think he'd walk down just about any fighter in the heavyweight division, past or present. That includes Tyson and Lewis. He's definitely one of my favorite all time fighters and if there was ever a fighter I'd like to sit down and discuss boxing with, it'd be him.

What say you, turds?
    I would say Larry Holmes,it would be hell of a fight,Larrys Jab and Right hands was deadly.

Tyson Fury that would be interesting Matchup

Lennox Lewis ,MAN WHAT A FIGHT THAT WOULD BE

Sonny Liston maybe it would be good matchup too.

Comment

Lots of them lol

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        I would say Larry Holmes,it would be hell of a fight,Larrys Jab and Right hands was deadly.

Tyson Fury that would be interesting Matchup

Lennox Lewis ,MAN WHAT A FIGHT THAT WOULD BE

Sonny Liston maybe it would be good matchup too.
        Foreman would absolutely brutalize the fat gypo. Those body shots would have him crapping pork pies in the ring.

Originally posted by NYC8224 View Post
        Lots of them lol
        Care to elaborate?

Comment

Vitali Klitchsko. A Slow plodder in George Foreman would be Perfect for Vitali to eat up.

Comment

Lennox, Vitali and may be Holmes..

Comment

Lennox Lewis, the only argument I hear for him losing to Foreman is that he was knocked out by Mccall and Rahman and Foreman hits even harder so he would flatten him but that's just one aspect, basically Foreman has a punchers chance against Lewis.

Lewis has a lot of advantages over George so I don't think him being knocked out twice cancels that out.

Comment

What say you, turds?
                Foreman would absolutely brutalize the fat gypo. Those body shots would have him crapping pork pies in the ring.

Care to elaborate?
                People said same before Wlad fight but Tyson is akward as **** ,dont count him out never,i dont say he would win but he have his chances in this matchup ,in 70s there was no fighters like Fury.

The one guy im sure about is Larry i think prime LH will pull it of.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                  Lennox Lewis, the only argument I hear for him losing to Foreman is that he was knocked out by Mccall and Rahman and Foreman hits even harder so he would flatten him but that's just one aspect, basically Foreman has a punchers chance against Lewis.

Lewis has a lot of advantages over George so I don't think him being knocked out twice cancels that out.
                  Lewis has only a slight size advantage against George Foreman.
                  6'4 230 pounds 82' vs 6'5 245 pounds 84'
                  George also has some good timing, so he has better chance on Knocking him out but also Lennox Lewis would be aware of that and would tuck his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    Lewis has only a slight size advantage against George Foreman.
                    6'4 230 pounds 82' vs 6'5 245 pounds 84'
                    George also has some good timing, so he has better chance on Knocking him out but also Lennox Lewis would be aware of that and would tuck his chin.
                    he was 6 ft 3 so 2 inches shorter, 2 inches less reach and 15-20 lbs lighter that's a considerable size disadvantage.

Lewis has other advantages like handspeed, accuracy, stamina. Better on the outside too.

Comment

Working...
                    X