Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIBA president agrees to Wlad Olympic participation

....Wut?

Is this serious? What a ****ing joke.
    the olympics is the dream for young kids on the way up ... wlad is now going to go back to amateur and take that dream away from some kid who won't be able to compete because wlad has taken his place. On top of that the kid who may have won gold will now lose that chance because he'll get spanked by the heavyweight champion of the world.

Comment

This is fine with me.

The Olympics is supposed to be for the beat athletes.

It will raise the profile of Olympic boxing and be a major news story in Europe.

Comment

I bet Wlad still hugs all his opponents like a long lost uncle, even though he has 40oz pillows and an oversized head guard.

Olympic heavyweights will get a lesson in cuddling from Uncle Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
          This is fine with me.

The Olympics is supposed to be for the beat athletes.

It will raise the profile of Olympic boxing and be a major news story in Europe.
          Other sports do it like Basketball and the Olympics... I just feel like the experience gap will be too big for some of them.

Also.. aren't they switching up the scoring styles in the ams?

Comment

Jesus Christ. Might as well give him the medal now

Comment

Imagine if we were back in 1988 and people were talking about tyson doing this People would be screaming about murder lol you'd have kids withdrawing rather than fight him ...

Comment

What a ****ing joke. Its one thing to do this in sports where the line between amateur and professional is blurred but boxing.

How can anyone support this?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  What a ****ing joke. Its one thing to do this in sports where the line between amateur and professional is blurred but boxing.

How can anyone support this?
                  Come on now.

If it were your man Floyd wanting to participate in the 2016 Olympics, you'd be strongly supporting him.

Comment

terrible but wlads used to pacing himself he might have a hard time with the fast 4 round pace orrrrrr he'll end up koing all the guys lmao. it is what it is theres many old guys in the olympics anyway audley harrison was 30 when he won the medal i think

Comment

Working...
                    X