Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi: I'm Very Close To a World Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Paulie Malignaggi: I'm Very Close To a World Title Fight

Former junior welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi (29-4, 6 KO's) is training for his upcoming fight with 2000 Mexican Olympian Orlando Lora (28-1-1, 19 KO's), scheduled for October 15 at Staples Center in Los Angles, California. The fight will open up the HBO pay-per-view for Bernard Hopkins' defense of the WBC light heavyweight title against Chad Dawson.

[Click Here To Read More]

Just shows, you can fight a few c class fighters and get yourself a title shot. Not that I blame Paulie, good luck to him.

Comment

Malignaggi is such a modest guy. He didn't even mention his fight changing power at ww. Paulie is a beast at 147!!!!

You gotta love the magic man.

Comment

Looking at Paulie's punching power it may be a good idea if he got someone a bit stronger to knock on the door for that World Title tilt if he wants someone to answer it...maybe like his mama!

Comment

Hope he does well

Comment

Really,,, why does this kid keeps getting ink? Is it because of the lack of stars in our sport? Paulie has lost every single step up fight, yet every time he fart, we have to read about it!

I think he is an entertaining pre-fight showman, and to his credit he does have balls. But who really thinks he is a threat in the WW division?

I'm under the impression that GBP will feed him to one of their raising stars or all veterans... who will get the "easy win" against Pualie... well, I think we will find out soon enough? Can anyone say Morales? How about Ortiz?

One thing i can predict... Pualie will be the B side to a future title fight. If it's against a Mexican it will be for a Paper WBC belt. As usual we will hear how GREAT he is doing at camp (The best ever), how his hand (for the first time) are at a 100%, how this time he has the best trainer, how hungry and ready he is, how will we see a different Pualie and we will get entertaining and hyper active interviews where he blames everyone and their mother for his defeats.

In between, we will get an earful on how GREAT Oscar and GBP are how sleazy Dibella was....

Then the fight will play out like this... Pualie moves, uses only a jab that will be effective for 2 rounds and that's it. He will get an ass whipping for 10 rounds and lose the fight.

Then we start all over again.... the fault lies with his trainer, judges, promoter and Santa Clause.

Haven't we been here before... LOL

Comment

Man Paulie is 100% legit. I mean he's been undefeated in the Welterweight division ever since he went up. He fought only legit opponents of course, no bums at all. Maybe he found a hidden power source inside? Who knows!

Paulie is the Superman, and he DESERVES to get a world title shot soon!

Comment

His low KO record might just get him a title shot. Fighters with decent skills and low KO records usually get more opportunities cause of obvious reasons

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
                  Just shows, you can fight a few c class fighters and get yourself a title shot. Not that I blame Paulie, good luck to him.
                  too true, this sport needs a big shake up.

Comment

Watch Berto fighting him!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X