Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Hall of Famer Erik "El Terrible" Morales deserve a pass despite testing positive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely not.

No drug cheat in boxing deserves a pass, or in any other sport but especially not boxing.

Comment

Of course not.

Comment

Depends what you mean by a 'pass'. Clenbuterol in the twilight of his career isn't exactly a hanging offence, so it's not like he should be kept out of the hall of fame for it. But obviously he should have been suspended.

That whole generation is under suspicion. As are any of the current lot who don't do 365/24/7 testing, which is pretty much all of them.

Comment

In his era drug testing was sub par so almosr everybody was probably on PEDs so I don't penalize fighters as much.

Comment

I don't know about the amount of clenbuterol detected in Morales' samples, but there have been large scale examples of contamination by meat:

"FIFA has also claimed 109 players from multiple countries who were participating in the Under-17 World Cup in Mexico tested positive for this drug. However, FIFA and the World Anti-Doping Agency declined to prosecute any cases because the weight of evidence pointed to contamination from Mexican meat."

"Over the next several months, government inspectors in Mexico shut down 14 livestock markets where 99% of 6,421 meat samples tested positive for the drug."

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Had to be the tainted meat
              an under 20 national futbol team from mexico tested positive for the same thing and they also blamed it on the meat. i don't remember if it was the entire team of some of them.

Comment

One of my absolute favorite boxers but no he doesn't get a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  an under 20 national futbol team from mexico tested positive for the same thing and they also blamed it on the meat. i don't remember if it was the entire team of some of them.
                  It was five players. memo ochoa was ome of them

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                    Or do you think his entire career is now in question?

In case you had forgotten, Morales tested positive for an anabolic steroid prior to getting starched against Puerto Rico's Danny Garcia. At the time, he had claimed it came from "tainted beef" that he hate in Mexico.

If you look at his body there are no signals of steroids use in all his fights. A lot of other fighters have WAY more steoids use signals. For example Danny Garcia is pretty muscular and wide, which could be helped by the use of some steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                      It was five players. memo ochoa was ome of them
                      ah ok. maybe is something they feed the cattle.

Comment

Working...
                      X