No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest, Floyd Mayweather Is The Reason 90% Of You Still Follow Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Hating on floyd mayweather and hoping he loses definitely drives the shogunn's and oxn's of the world.
    yeah right, anything short off willingness to drop to your knees and be mouth raped by mayweather is hating to you.

Comment

• nah.

I have a boatload of fighters to follow once Floyd retires.

I'm a fan of Floyd, but no fanboy that follows boxing solely because of him...

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
        We would have had the Cotto fight years ago if Cotto manned up and left Arum, even after he pressured Cotto into the Pacquiao catchweight fight, right then is when he should have left Top Rank. I think he always wanted to fight Margarito again though and that's the reason he stayed.
        You're a "true believer" that's what I like about you........ You believe everything you want to believe which fits in with your true beliefs about what you believe.........Have I missed anything?? I believe not!

Comment

• Well there aren't many American boxing superstars out there. Hopkins....but he's on the verge of retiring, Adrien Broner has potential, Andre Ward is coming up but don't see him getting Mayweather publicity. I mean Mayweather's a character, he talks a lot of stuff and in the ring he does a lot of stuff. Wouldn't say though that his performances talk louder then his mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
            This doesnt go for everyone on this site, but certainly the majority of you. There really isnt any other exciting fighters out there currently at the moment, and without Floyd being involved in this sport boxing would be incredibly bland right now.

For starts, the outstanding majority of you wouldnt check the latest news or frequent this site nearly as much (as evidenced by the fact that even Floyd's "haters" spend more time talking about him then they do about their own alleged favorite fighters). That's because there arent any fighters out there right now who can match his skill level or ability to create interest in the sport.

It should also be noted that if he decided to retire, PPV revenue would plummet to unseen lows. And to those of you who are gonna use the "Manny 'I have other people make my decisions for me' Pacquiao is still a big draw" card, the fact is that the reason he has so much hype behind him is because people are intrigued to see him fight Floyd. If you take Mayweather out of the equation, the interest in Pacquiao fades out.

I'm not saying that without him the sport would die out permanantly, because although no other fighter would be able to fill his shows right now (as far as boxing ability, camera savviness, and creating headlines goes), there will be others who will eventually rise to the top. But given boxings current state, and current crop of fighters out there right now, we're all incredibly lucky to have a fighter like Money Mayweather running the show. Without him this sport would be hurting worse than most of you probably care to admit.
            i don't know about 90% but you make a point. oxn is on damage control haha. he's really offended that you called him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
              marg is a scum who lost all my respect!!!!!!

The whole ducking myth has been challenged and debunked the only names they have is cotto, marg, and pac when they say he ducks fights... Its pathetic and old
              You seem to be not aware that Margarito was personally found innocent of the charges of intentionally having the used pads in his bandages. You should read the whole legal decision handed down by the Commission and it might change your mind about Margarito. Me, i never had any doubts; the decision only re-inforced my conviction that he was badly victimised. That was why Arum HAD to support him he couldn't do otherwise. He was penalised only because :you are the head of your team" ...If he really HAD been guilty of anything he'd have been banned for life. That he wasnt banned spoke volumes.

Comment

• i never thought 90% of posters here are flo-mos

Comment

• Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
                  marg is a scum who lost all my respect!!!!!!

The whole ducking myth has been challenged and debunked the only names they have is cotto, marg, and pac when they say he ducks fights... Its pathetic and old
                  What about the undeniable fact that he only fought opponents who were no threat to him and whom boxing experts knew had little change of winning? Eh??

I'm not trying to be an anti-Mayweatherite, it's just that the Mayweather crazies write such foolish posts adoring him that I have to comment. I do the same with MannyP maniacs, but not as often since they are not as extreme as the Mayweather crazies.

He might have lost to Stevie Johnson and a few others I can't recall rright now.?? Why didn't he go up to fight Shane Mosley in 1999, he was killing himself to make the weight like Corrales was, which was the sort of advantage he loves??
                  Last edited by edgarg; 03-28-2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    What about the undeniable fact that he only fought opponents who were no threat to him and whom boxing experts knew had little change of winning? Eh??

I'm not trying to be an anti-Mayweatherite, it's just that the Mayweather crazies write such foolish posts adoring him that I have to comment. I do the same with MannyP maniacs, but not as often since they are not as extreme as the Mayweather crazies.

He might have lost to Stevie Johnson and a few others I can't recall rright now. Why didn't he go up to fight Shane Mosley in 1999 who was killing himself to make the weight, like Corrales was?? That would have been the sort of adv
                    Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                    He weighed in against Ortiz at 150 lbs on fight night. Do you people even watch boxing or just boxrec everything?

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                      I don't understand your childish repartee-if that's what it is. We are supposed to be grown-ups here. You obviously have no answers.

Comment

Working...
                      X