No announcement yet.

So is Showtime Boxing Dead? With....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is Showtime Boxing Dead? With....

Kathy Duva said Haymon is taking all his fighters to NBC with a 42 fight deal meaning he wont be putting his fighters on Showtime anymore, this plan/sechdule is to kick off the week after the superbowl in a less then half a year, so with that and the fact that they lost Canelo to HBO and top rank is exclusively with HBO where is showtime going to get fights from?

Did Espinoz just run Showtime Boxing Program into the ground?

Stephen ****ed up. And floyd only has 2 fights left.

Comment

I hope so. My ShowTime subscription was a waste of money this year.

Comment

no. showtime can still make fights and still has its shobox series. but Espinoza losng Canelo to HBO was a huge step backwards.

Comment

It's pitiful. Showtime has been taken for a ride. Need a real boxing guy in charge to get things back on track.

Comment

Showtime has been an epic fail with their floyd deal and dealing with Haymon in general. Al is burning bridges all over and has very few left.

Comment

I'm taking a wait and see approach. I'm not convinced that's what Haymon told NBC.

Comment

I don't think so, now they're going to be the new NBC, paying low prices for bouts that turn out to be great.

Comment

That's what happens when none of the stars are willing to fight each other. Shotime deals with Al Haymon, Al Haymon's fighters are not allowed to fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumthang bit me View Post
                    Showtime has been an epic fail with their floyd deal and dealing with Haymon in general. Al is burning bridges all over and has very few left.
                    Lol at this guy. Showtime will still have boxing and probably still haymon fighters. I think the nbc sports will be used to build guys up like showbox or fnf. The bigger fights will be saved for showtime and regular nbc

Comment

Working...
                    X