Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you think about Peter Mcneeley's plan to rush Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think about Peter Mcneeley's plan to rush Tyson?

Just finished watching the tyson/mcneeley fight. Mcneeley rushed him and hit him with quite a few big shots. Even the announcer stated that "Tyson is letting Mcneeley get away with an awful lot of pounding". This is the first fighter that I have seen rush tyson and for the 1 minute that it lasted, it looked to be quite effective.

Mcneeley was a pretty big dude and used his size/strength to push Tyson against the ropes and wail on him. Even though the fight didn't last long, you could clearly see that Tyson was being overwhelmed.
    Last edited by thesenuts; 08-12-2013, 09:51 PM.

It was a good plan, the last thing tyson would have been expecting, Mcneely wasn't a great fighter but he certainly had more balls than a lot of the better quality opponents tyson faced

Mcneely is unfairly remembered in a bad light for that fight when the reality is he gave it a go and actually bashed mike around for a minute or so

Comment

For what it was, I don't think he could have did anything better. I don't think it would've been great for him if he started trying to trade jabs or anything. So I say good on him. He did well for awhile.

Comment

beyond stupid,,,

why dont you try and weather tyson's early storm and see if he gasses.......

Comment

Wont work. The End !

Comment

Gets dropped after 5 seconds, misses almost every big shot he throws, pisses off Tyson by headbutting him and gets stopped 5 seconds later. What a great plan..............

Comment

I guess the strategy can be considered effective if his goal was to get knocked out as quickly as possible, collect his paycheck and go home. And well, since he had no chance to begin with, it was indeed better than trying to survive several more rounds and absorbing a nasty beating.

He just really didn't belong in that ring with Mike and the fact that such a fight even exists just shows the insanity of Don King.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                I guess the strategy can be considered effective if his goal was to get knocked out as quickly as possible, collect his paycheck and go home. And well, since he had no chance to begin with, it was indeed better than trying to survive several more rounds and absorbing a nasty beating.

He just really didn't belong in that ring with Mike and the fact that such a fight even exists just shows the insanity of Don King.
                yeah but king and tyson made boat-loads of money of this fight,,,

remember its prizefighting, and your fighting for a prize,,,,,

everyone was going to watch a tyson comeback, so lets just throw some fool in their,,,, it will sell regardless of the opponent....

ricky hatton could have learned a thing from don and mike,,,,
                his comeback would have soldout regardless of opponent,, he should have just chosen a bum like mcneely and hatton could have been the one fighting pauli instead of broner,,,,

Comment

Anyone else noticed how he is slightly imitating Mike's style when throwing his punches, leaning low and throwing at full swing MINUS the accuracy lol

Good on him haha atleast he was game for 1min and 35 seconds!

Comment

True, it was one of the easiest paychecks he ever earned. I wonder if Don King told Mike before the fight, "Go easy on him Mike, we don't want to kill the guy."

Comment

Working...
                    X