Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the 12th round still gave me chills watching the fight again.

Comment

• Huge goosebumps everytime I watch the 12th round. And it's probably been close to 40 times I've watched the round.

Comment

• I still can't believe martinez made it out of that round as soon as he got floored i was sure it was over i couldn't stop shaking for like 5 min if richard steele was the ref he would've stopped it obv lol

Comment

• I really thought Sergio was done. He looked out of it, exhausted. If Chavez had anything left after the trip, Sergio wouldn't have made it. Crazy guts from Sergio to survive that long.

That round was everything right with boxing. That's why we all watch blowouts through to the end, because that might happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            I really thought Sergio was done. He looked out of it, exhausted. If Chavez had anything left after the trip, Sergio wouldn't have made it. Crazy guts from Sergio to survive that long.

That round was everything right with boxing. That's why we all watch blowouts through to the end, because that might happen.
            I wonder if Arum would have given Sergio a rematch if Chavez did win, probably not lmao

Comment

• Round 12 was insane.

I think he recovered for the last 15 seconds of round 12 though. Chavez did not have anything left.

Comment

• so martinez got dropped by a bum? by a guy who didnt even had nothing in the tank left? chavez lost but he getsmy respect for not quitting even if he knew he was doomed. Imagine if chavez would of beatin martinez people would still say hes a bum. i guess people just dont like the kid, just like they dont like canelo either..........

Comment

• Round 12 was ****ing crazy.!! i really enjoyed that, the firts 11 rounds were in favor of martinez but still a good fight, but the last 90 seconds. Come on Man.! thats all about boxing, the posibillity of surprises get your heart out and win a fight.! Martinez deserve the victory, im chavez fan but it wouldnt be fair that in that round Martinez loss the fight. ! Congrats to both of them Boxing is Dead jajaj yeah right

Comment

• Muhammed Ali was dropped by Chuck Wepner
                    Roy Jones was dropped by Lou Del Valle
                    Miguel Cotto was dropped by Ricardo Torres
                    Bernard Hopkins was dropped by Jean Pascal.
                    Juan Manuel Marquez was dropped by Michael Katsidis
                    Sergio Martinez was dropped by Chavez Jr

None of it means a goddamn thing. To the victor go the spoils.

Comment

• I hope someone eventually KO's chavez. He is so disrespectful to the sport with his laziness and weed smoking. The only people who think Martinez was exposed are the Mexicants who only like brawlers with good chin but don't appreciate someone with actual boxing SKILLS. True boxing fans support fighters like Martinez because of skill, not because of raw fighting talent.

Comment

Working...
                      X