Frederick Lawson... the Middleweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frederick Lawson... the Middleweight?

Anyone else seen this 6ft tall WW?

Dudes been spanking his competition and other than his win against Prescott he hasnt really faced any better opposition.

Is he really a WW or is he picking on the smaller men? I remember listening into some boxing show and its claimed he puts on serious weight overnight walks in around 160+.

Whats your take?

Well that won't help him much since he's going IBF route and they have the 10 pound thing

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking, he looks way too big for WW.

Either he will continue beating up smaller men or drain himself to vulnerability himself.

Comment

I don't know what to make of Lawson. He has that record and a couple of nice wins, but he strikes me as wholly unspectacular and not really much of a puncher either.

Comment

He's very average, I had Prescott beating him.

Walking around at 160+ is normal for a welterweight, guys like Walters walk around at over 160, I'm guessing some of these welterweight boys walk around at closer to 180.

Comment

Good fighter, Ironic that he is original from Ghana because he reminds of a young Joshua Clottey with his Powerful Frame but also that High Guard/Shell which makes him hard to hit clean

If he can make weight what is the problem
            Last edited by sicko; 10-25-2015, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              Good fighter, Ironic that he is original from Ghana because he reminds of a young Joshua Clottey with his Powerful Frame but also that High Guard/Shell which makes him hard to hit clean
              I think that is just the type of fighter that Ghana produces at the highest level. There're a lot of guys who step forward behind that high guard.

Comment

Since when does height determine weight class

Comment

Literally half his opponents haven't won a fight (if you trust Boxrec's Ghana source anyway). His fights in the US have been against much better opponents, but still subpar overall & he barely got by Prescott. It don't matter how tall he is, he hasn't been tested & he doesn't seem THAT good. I'd be curious to see him against another prospect type guy like Spence or Vazquez. His next fight should tell quite about him as Bizier is by far his best opponent.

Comment

He fights Kevin Bizier in a few weeks on NBC. Winner fights Kell Brook.

Comment

Working...
                    X