No announcement yet.

Steve Bunce said that Cleverly wants to fight Tavoris Cloud late 2010

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Bunce said that Cleverly wants to fight Tavoris Cloud late 2010

Apparently his next fight is for the European light heavyweight title, and after that he wants cloud later in the year.

Bunce also said Cleverly has sparred over 500 rounds with joe calzaghe.

At first i thought this was nonsense, then i looked at the rankings

CHAMPION : Tavoris Cloud United States
    1 NOT RATED
    2 NOT RATED
    3 Nathan Cleverly Wales
    4 Danny Green Australia
    5 Antonio Tarver United States

So it is feasable then
    Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 12-30-2009, 10:59 PM.

Think this would a a good fight for Cleverley, he could win i think, he's a smart boxer

Comment

yeah Cleverly fights for the European title next year in Italy.

The only thing going against him at the minute could be his power, but he seems to be working on that.

I rate him very highly.

Comment

i have high hopes for nathan but he is still very young i know they cant protect him all the time but i think another year on the european and domestic sceen wouldnt be bad for the lad

Comment

I still haven't watched him but he better be good if he's going to be challenging Tavoris Cloud after his European belt fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
            I still haven't watched him but he better be good if he's going to be challenging Tavoris Cloud after his European belt fight.
            I recommend you watch his fight against Danny McIntosh.

the 1st time I have ever seen Cleverly totally up for a war.

Comment

I'd love to see this fight happen this year, Cleverly is still very young though so maybe giving him another year and about 3 more fights first on European level.

Comment

He should fight Glen Johnson first.

It'll help get his name out there, and tell us if he's ready.

Cloud is a bit like Johnson, only he's quite a bit better due to hitting harder, throwing more punches and having more speed.

I don't think Cleverley would beat Cloud, but it's good to see him eyeing the top guys in the division rather than the weakest champion.

Comment

He needs to do it on the European stage first before going after a world title.

Comment

I have not seen Cleverly yet but I seems to me that Cloud thinks somehow without much of a fanbase that he is a big star and only wants big fights......once a year.

Comment

Working...
                    X