Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Less Than 500 Tickets Remain For Parker-Ruiz Title Fight in New Zealand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
    I'm with you on Parker's D being his weakness right now. While we probably don't agree on Parker's current talent level, and how he would fare against AJ & Co, you're not wrong on the whole! If Takam had heavier hands and pressed the action a bit more, Parker could have been in real trouble.

Ugh, Sonny Bill. I like the guy - he stands for a lot of good things. But geez, his boxing makes me cringe. Talented athlete in general, but his "rise to the top" of domestic NZ boxing was very much a case of the NZ HW scene being a bare cupboard.

While I think Parker is going to beat Ruiz, I feel like...if Ruiz has actually taken this seriously, and he's cut a good 15lbs of flab like he's alluded to..this could be a serious banana skin for Parker.
    He's not a Kiwi Audley 'please don't hurt me' Harrison and he's clearly more skilled than Sonny 'let's try boxing' Bill Williams, but I suppose it's fights with skilled bruisers like Andy Ruiz that will tell us where Parker is really at. I'd also like to see what Ruiz looks like with 20 lbs shed but the fat dude can definitely fight. If JP doesn't shore up his defence then it's gonna be tough for him to keep Ruiz off him.

Comment

Oh man I can't ****en wait.

Yes, I agree with you guys here. Parker atm is not on the level of the elites in the heavyweight division such as Klitschko, Joshua and Fury, but time will tell as he progresses... maybe then he'll develop into a better fighter in time.

I was analyzing Parker in the Dimitrenko fight, though Dimitrenko isn't a ranked and good fighter, Parker improved his defense a lot with a lot of head and bobbing movements so I think he and his team strategized a good plan fighting taller/bigger opponents.
      Last edited by Quiksilva; 12-06-2016, 08:22 AM.

Comment

The arena seats about 2000 people anyway lol

Also my criticism of Parker is that he panics and turns into an awful fighter when he is backed up.

Takam demonstrated this and I've seen it in other fights as well. Which is why I was frustrated at Takam being lazy and repeatedly trying to box on the outside. Every time he charged in parker went back in a straight line and laid on the ropes looking at his corner like a deer in headlights. . But Takam kept going back to the center of the ring and letting parker work.

If ruiz can keep the pressure on he will win the fight. I would advise ruiz to do nothing but pressure and target only the body for the first 6 rounds. A tired parker defenseless on the ropes in the second half being the outcome.
        Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 12-06-2016, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Not surprised, the NZ crowd will definitely be turning up for Parker.

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
          The arena has a total capacity of 12,000.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
            Not surprised, the NZ crowd will definitely be turning up for Parker.

The arena has a total capacity of 12,000.
            OH wow what a collosal arena

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
              It's an unusual thing to say, but I mean he's good at the throwing punches bit, but I feel he really hates it when his opponent is walking forward and throwing leather at him, and he has that ''wtf do I do?'' look on his face. I would say Parker's defense is 30% complete at best.
              Way I see it, if Takam can find him easily and have him looking well troubled then it tells me he'd struggle against Wilder or Joshua. Say Parker manages to overcome Ruiz with something to spare, then I'll happily eat my words.
              Another example of "not a real fighting man'' that you will know is Sonny Bill.
              Parker struggles when guys aren't there to hit. I reckon Joshua and Wilder are easier to hit than the likes of Takam, primarily just due to how big they are.

Ruiz and Takam being smaller make them tougher stylistically for Parker IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by keith_head View Post
                Parker struggles when guys aren't there to hit. I reckon Joshua and Wilder are easier to hit than the likes of Takam, primarily just due to how big they are.

Ruiz and Takam being smaller make them tougher stylistically for Parker IMO.
                He handled the bigger Dimitrenko or whatever he was called a lot better than he did Takam. But like you say he was taller guy who stood off Parker and was far more orthodox than what the shorter Ruiz will bring to the table.
                Great fight stylistically.

Comment

What's with the sarcasm dude? T-Mobile arena got 13,000 in for Ward v Kovalev, but I haven't heard a peep about that.

If you want to be a consistent troll, you better have a lot of time up your sleeve.

Comment

Also my criticism of Parker is that he panics and turns into an awful fighter when he is backed up.

Takam demonstrated this and I've seen it in other fights as well. Which is why I was frustrated at Takam being lazy and repeatedly trying to box on the outside. Every time he charged in parker went back in a straight line and laid on the ropes looking at his corner like a deer in headlights. . But Takam kept going back to the center of the ring and letting parker work.

If ruiz can keep the pressure on he will win the fight. I would advise ruiz to do nothing but pressure and target only the body for the first 6 rounds. A tired parker defenseless on the ropes in the second half being the outcome.
                    Parker sucks off his back foot the same way all-short reach fighters do. He can't sit back and pop the jab like Wilder, Wlad, Fury, Joshua (who likes to come forward) can. He needs to fight like Joe Frazier against the trees, get inside and bang to the body..

Comment

Yet you were off by 10,000. Go back to acting like a gutter rat, you at least made a tiny bit more sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X