Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Eubank: Hearn Expects a Massive Rush For Tickets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to the 'Gloves Off' with Eubank/Golovkin. Should be so awkward & one-sided due to Golovkin's limited English that it'll be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      How about you announce the fight first?
      Exactly, you beat me to it. Whole lot of talking but no mention of a signed contract.

Comment

If it weren't for planes going missing left and right, I'd consider going out there for the event.

I can only imagine the electricity off of Eubank's entrance when Dre's music hits.

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Looking forward to the 'Gloves Off' with Eubank/Golovkin. Should be so awkward & one-sided due to Golovkin's limited English that it'll be funny.
        Don't forget Eubank Jr's minor lisp too.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          I keep saying this: I can't see Brits that interested in large number in watching their fighter dispatched by GGG.
          I'm not really sure how much of a fanbase Eubank has. One thing that bodes well for ticket sales though is that going to the fights seems to have become a bonafide night out on the lash for a lot of people, almost irrespective of the actual boxing.

With his personality and how savvy he's been, particularly in his use of social media, Hearn does seem to have pulled in a lot of new fans. So who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
            It will be a travesty if this fight is at the 02 and only around 7,000 tickets are made available to fans. Rest will be fighter allocations/comps/StubHub re-sells at inflated prices. This needs to be in a stadium, not necessarily Wembley (which is terrible for boxing, despite Hearn's blarney) but another venue with a 40,000+ capacity, plenty of them in and around London.
            Eddie is the best promoter in the game. If he feels it can do 40,000 he'll put it in a stadium.

Comment

Working...
            X