Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gerald McClellan Takes 2 Knees In Rnd 10 against Benn. Did he quit??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    What's so funny about him needing the money?

I don't understand your humor..
    im just laughing that cotto has you all worked up cause he quit

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
      Muh****a G-Man didn't QUIT.....HE COULDN'T STAND UP!!! DUMB ASSES I SWEAR!!!
      He got up and walked to his corner after the 10 count.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        5:14 - You can hear the announcers yelling "He QUIT!!!" Gerald McClellan QUIT!!!!

See, I didn't want to have to do this, but due to a few non knowledgable boxing fans running around NSB acussing fighters like Cotto of quitting, I was forced to do this.

If you re-watch this fight and compare it to the Cotto fight, it's almost two identical fights. Cotto was stopped in the 11th and McClellan in the 10th. Both took 2 knees and were called QUITTERS!!

See, it's fake boxing fans like this that give the sport a bad name. If you haven't been in a fight, or don't know what it's like to be in that situation, then you need to think twice about calling someone a quitter and having no idea what you're talking about.

McClellan and Cotto both fought til they couldn't fight anymore. Learn the difference.

Just my thoughts.

I don't get why you're getting so bent out of shape about this. Cotto did what %99.9 of us would do in that situation. He was beaten and did not want to risk serious or even life threatening injuries so he quit and lived to fight another day. For most people, their health and their family is more important then their jobs.

Only %.1 of the population would have gone on and risked everything to keep trying in that situation. The ironic thing is that Margarito is one of them.

Comment

Yes McClellan did quit. He had good reason to(and probable should have a lot earlier) but its still quitting

Comment

Ya he quit.

Comment

It takes an ignorant person to say Gerald quit. The man was having a bloodclot to the brain!!! He ended up going out on a stetcher. Now he has permanent brain damage. That's not quitting. That's literally going out on your shield!!!

Cotto quit??? The man was getting hit with bricks!!! What was he suppose to do? Go out like McClellan? There are some real dumb asses on boxingscene. I've been watching fights for 25 years and have seen a many fighter really quit. But under the conditions that both Cotto and McClellan were facing, that's not quitting. A coward quits because mentally or physically they're not strong enough to endure a certain level of pressure that they are being exposed to. Gerald was facing a near fatal medical situation and Cotto was facing a brutal criminal attack. All bets are off in both situations.

Comment

McClellan was nearly dead by the time the fight was over. He suffered sever brain damage so you have to wonder how much sense he had left in his body by that point. McClellan carried on until he was on the verge of death none of us would do that, he was clearly having trouble from the first round onwards he was blinking and was telling his corner he didnt feel right.

Comment

Stupid thread....

Comment

Originally posted by davros2010 View Post
                    McClellan was nearly dead by the time the fight was over. He suffered sever brain damage so you have to wonder how much sense he had left in his body by that point. McClellan carried on until he was on the verge of death none of us would do that, he was clearly having trouble from the first round onwards he was blinking and was telling his corner he didnt feel right.
                    So true...

Respect for McClellan.

Comment

Yeah he did quit, and I think everyone understands why he did such.

Comment

Working...
                      X