Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder tried to get shot Tomasz Adamek as his Jan 16 opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just call stiverne who hasnt got a fight yet on the same card!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Nonsense. Many such as Carlos Takam, Lucas Browne, and his mandatory Alexander Povetkin were willing.

Someone like Szpilka, Wach or Pulev would be better than faded little Adamek.

But Wilder always chooses the weakest possible opponent.
      In Wilder's defense, they were negotiating with Glazkov for weeks. I heard the deal was done and press conference was scheduled for this Saturday at Barclays.

The IBF threw a wrench in those plans with their unexpected ruling. With only 5 weeks to 1/16, not many heavyweights will take the fight on that short of notice And since there is such a short window, many opponents will overprice themselves because they have Showtime by the balls to get an opponent in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Glazkov ducked him. Little he can do in 6 weeks before the fight. Too bad Main Events parades a bunch of cowards as actual fighters.
        Agreed, it's a bit of a p#ssy move to criticize guys who are scrambling for last minute opponents after they get the rug yanked out from under them.
        I used to really enjoy Freedom's posts before they devolved into actively bashing black fighters. I don't know WTF happened but he was literally one of the best members here until he started down that road.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
          just call stiverne who hasnt got a fight yet on the same card!
          Please, no. I honestly worry for Bermane's health after that last one. Too damn tough for his own good and there's NO way he left that fight the same man that entered. It may not affect him today but getting your melon rattled like that catches up with you in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
            I have no idea what Wilder is trying to do, but I'm damn curious to see who is his next opponent.
            What his trying to do?? Get another easy $1.1 millon dollar from the PBC

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Please, no. I honestly worry for Bermane's health after that last one. Too damn tough for his own good and there's NO way he left that fight the same man that entered. It may not affect him today but getting your melon rattled like that catches up with you in time.
              He got dropped in the first round of his next fight.

Comment

Deontay ward

Comment

The only defense for such tier 3 opposition is maybe there is no money to pay for anybody with a pulse. He paid the hot dog vendor 250K when his previous high purse was probably about 30K or so to fight Cristobal. He paid the French pastry the same amount when his previous high purse was probably similar. If a fringe contender fights Fury or fought Wlad they will make around a million.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    Glazkov ducked him. Little he can do in 6 weeks before the fight. Too bad Main Events parades a bunch of cowards as actual fighters.
                    I agree. But his back up choice is really indefensible.

Adamek is a blown up CW who is shot to hell. He got battered by Szpilka and Glazkov and Wilder would hurt him really bad.

There are better backup options... Guys that are actual HW's and not on their way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                      I agree. But his back up choice is really indefensible.

Adamek is a blown up CW who is shot to hell. He got battered by Szpilka and Glazkov and Wilder would hurt him really bad.

There are better backup options... Guys that are actual HW's and not on their way out.
                      Or he can just wait another month or so and fight povetkin. He's just bull****ting around, nothing justifies trying to fight a guy who just retired recently. There is plenty of good options even on short notice.

Comment

Working...
                      X