Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burglar stabbed to death - Father and son arrested on murder charge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like from what I read...he died from just 1 STAB. One stab....come on!! If the burglar was rained with 50 stabs then maybe the police has a case....but 1 stab??? The burglar deserved 10 stabs the least.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      You've just said you would shoot someone in the head for breaking into your car. There's a level of proportionality here. If somebody is attempting to kill you or another party then you should be able to use proportionate force to prevent the attack and this includes lethal force. But shooting people in the head for stealing from your car is ridiculous and will get you charged with murder.

Do burglars have rights? Of course they do. They have the right to a fair trial, to legal representation, and to the presumption of innocence, just like everyone else including people who have shot a guy in the head for trying to steal the change out of someone's ashtray.

These discussions all go the same way.

I'd shoot a guy in the head if he was trying to steal my car.
      Well then you'd be justifiably jailed for murder.
      So I'm supposed to LET A BURGLAR RAPE AND KILL MY FAMILY!?
      Well... no. There's a teeny tiny difference in the proportion of the threat.

Self defense is about defending yourself. The clue is right there in the name. It's not about punishing offenders or exacting retribution, and the point that it becomes either of those things is the point where you are no longer the defender and you become the aggressor.

It's one of the reasons that police will very seldom accept a claim of self defense if you are in a street fight.
      I don't think you quite get it MR politically correct... If you go and stop someone from stealing your shit, and a fight ensues, force, and possible deadly force should be able to be used to protect yourself. That's what happened here.

Comment

Hey no one has any right to break into your home and yes they forfeit all rights once they do. You have to do whatever is necessary to protect yourself and your family and I am glad PA has a wishy washy version of a castle law which pretty much leaves it to the subjective opinion of the resident of the home whether deadly force was needed.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
          When i was 15 i was staying the night at a buddies house,about 3 in the morning i woke up to take a piss as i was coming out of the bathroom i feltcold steel against my neck and i heard lay down now,anyway i did what he said i laid down then he turned on the light is was my friends drunk ass dad thinking i was a intruder.
          Lol that's pretty funny. But i'm glad you did not get shot.

Comment

I've studied burgalries and the issure of reasonable force before in school and it can be a pretty misunderstood and unfortunate concept.

But in this case judging by the circumstances I dont see any irrational force. Especially since there was a "violent struggle" prior to the stabbing.

Comment

That's the law. You can't do shyt to them if they are running away or trying to escape the house hold.

You can only do something to them if they are coming after you. Not you going after them.

Comment

i hope that those charges are dropped. No way in hell should the homeowners be charged.

This reminds me of the joe horn situation in my state:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hor...ng_controversy

He shot & killed 2 burglars who where breaking in to his neighbors house. He first called 911 & told the dispatcher that his neighbor's house was being robbed & that he was gonna go do something about it. The dispatcher told no, dont go out there, but mr. joe horn said **** it, im gonna blasts these dirty scumbag mofos....

He was cleared of the shooting by the grand jury. Hope its the same case here.

Comment

Originally posted by -Genesis- View Post
                  I don't think you quite get it MR politically correct... If you go and stop someone from stealing your shit, and a fight ensues, force, and possible deadly force should be able to be used to protect yourself. That's what happened here.
                  Using force to prevent someone from stealing which turns into a violent struggle and results in a death is not the same as shooting someone in the head for breaking into your car, is it?

There are questions about this case as yet unanswered. What was the guy stabbed with? Where on his body was he injured? Where in the house was he stabbed? If he was stabbed in the back as he ran from the house then the guy was no longer protecting his property and if he was stabbed by a sword and not a kitchen knife then the prosecution could prove premeditation.

Comment

That is weak applesauce.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                      That is weak applesauce.
                      Well what do you expect from England? They also protect child molesters like Gary Glitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X