Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lazy Jab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slip To The Outside Of The First You Know There Is More Coming, Drop The Overhand Right Follow With A Quick Inside Hook To The Body. And Jab Yourway Out. Or Set Up The Next Combo. Think A Few Moves Ahead.

Comment

Thanks fellas for the responses... Yesterday (Monday) I went to the gym and since a couple of us got there at the same time he said three of us would spar. The guy im talking about is part of my "team" meaning same trainer so lately we have taken to the idea that we should really only go 60% power, when we spar others trained by the other trainers we step it up a bit. Like what he did on Friday when both of them ended up with some bloody noses.

Anyhow I watched the two guys sparring for two rounds then it was my turn for two rounds with the guy I was talking about and then another two with the other guy.

I tried stepping into it, but I found that it limited my range and was unable to get full extention on any thing, and although I tried the body shot it never really landed or worked well (need to work on that), anyhow so would I did do in the second round was stand my ground, slip or sometimes just lean my head back when the first jab came in then fire a straight jab right into his face. This worked really well and the tripple jab stopped, so I guess I kinda liked the idea of countering, I got caught a few times but overall I got the better of him by just countering, by leaning back or out of the way but not stepping in I was able to get full extention on the counter jab or right hand.

The second guy is a whole other story, I tried the same thing with him but was less successful because his jab isn't lazy and he doesn't bring two or three at a time but more combos followed, we had some good exchanges but my jaw is a bit sore, I should have boxed him more and moved around. Goes to show that you gotta adapt to the different styles. Its a learning process I know!!
      Last edited by cybernica; 10-03-2006, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Oh yea the guy said I got a lot better, I could hear him grunting in furstration when I countered his jab for a least 30 seconds straight, we cool though, he said I leave my body open for shots but when I see him go downstairs I love to land an overhand right, i have yet to get hit by a good body shot so I dont fear them but I guess my time will come when I get caught and learn my lesson.

Comment

Good way to avoid getting caught in the body when you counter punch is to counter punch to the body. When you meet guys who like to load up the jab, or just throw lazy jabs, a quick shuffle and a left/right hook to the outside ribs will do wonders. They will get hesitant throwing that jab and start expecting you to go to the body, when you see them start jabbing with the left and tucking the right elbow, leaves the side of the head WIDE open for really mean hooks.

Comment

Working...
          X