Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: WBA Denies Request To Modify Purse Bid Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Bidding $4 Mil means Jacobs gets $1 mil. I hope they would've offered him more in negotiations. Going by their previous fights in NY I think this fight will sell out easily. And at a higher ticket price than Lemiuex/GGG and Jacobs/Quillin. Lemiuex had no name recognition in NY. GGG's name carried that fight. Jacobs did 9,000 at Barclays so he has name recognition in NY unlike Lemiuex. I think it's worth almost double the Lemiuex fight ($6 mil at the most). I'm also optimistic about the fight being made. I
    I think 6mil is a good guess. Even if the bid goes to 8mil do you think jacobs will accept 2mil ?

Comment

• The GGG trolls will hate this one even though it is a perfectly logical decision by the WBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        One other question?

Say no other promotor shows up and you win the bid super low (Like Ortiz/Ustinov). But you always pay your fighter pretty good. Could u pay your fighter more without having to give the other fighter more than the bid percentage?? Or would the split be of what your fighter is getting paid???

Example.

I win bid with $3 million 75/25 guaranteed split. But I don't want to pay my fighter $2.25 million but instead I want to give then $4 million (Yeah I know stupid and not good business). Could I still pay other fight $750K???
        Golden Boy Promotions got the N'Dam-Lemieux fight for just over $100k, and Lemieux ended up being paid $1m for the fight

Comment

• Has it been 100% confirmed that Jacobs wanted an interim fight? If that's actually the case, then maybe he'll drop the belt and pursue a
          WBA-ranked opponent.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 10-12-2016, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cali37 View Post
            Now ggg will low ball Jacobs with that 25% and when Jacobs vacates that horrible split team ggg will claim duck once again
            How can it be a lowball when the split is dictated?

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Has it been 100% confirmed that Jacobs wanted an interim fight? If that's actually the case, then maybe he'll drop the belt and pursue another opponent.
              Yes. He asked for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
                GGG is 36-0 with 3 belts and millions earned, while you have posted over 13000 times in 20 months?? and you are the one calling names?? Get a life bro your numbers equate to over 20 posts a day?

so what, you silly **** ?

how does that change the fact that your pacifist girlfriend is the biggest b1tch in boxing?

Comment

• Jacobs is not GGG equal but 25% is 2 low...@ least 70 - 30 but 65-35 wouldn't be bad ..they need some negotiation on this..

Comment

• Loeffler has the leverage now but he needs to actually make a deal. Just pay Jacobs, even if it is practically 40%.

Al Haymon fighters, sadly, are used to be overpaid their worth and Danny isn't taking less than $2m for this fight.

Once again, thank you Al Haymon. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by casheddie View Post
                      As they should, because Jacobs has beaten nobodies all his career and couldn't even get a real belt for his troubles. The man is a Ko waiting to happen and I respect his fearless approach to this fight but he's gonna get KTFO. He wants the medical bill money.

He should call GGG daddy at the press conference or maybe big brother.

bahahahahahahahha

unlike all those " somebodies " that Hypekin beat, right..... ?

tell you what, I will let you start again.....

go ^^

Comment

Working...
                      X