Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: The WBA Wants Deal, Gives Purse Bid Extension

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't be either. For HBO to end the year with GGG/Blanco would be a BIG ****ing letdown. However, I really haven't seen enough of Blanco to tell if he's horrendous. Wade, on the other hand, is barely B-level.
    That's b/c Blanco's barely had any fights. He's had two 12 round fights, one 10 rounder (vs a guy who was 0-6), and the other 9 fights of his pro career were 6 & 4 rounders. His toughest opponent by far was Khomitsky, it's a travesty that he's an interim champion, let alone being forced into a Golovkin fight.

If had to put money on the upcoming events that'll happen, it's on a Golovkin/Blanco fight in December. If Jacobs really wanted the fight, it'd have been signed already or it would've been team Jacobs that requested the immediate purse bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      That's b/c Blanco's barely had any fights. He's had two 12 round fights, one 10 rounder (vs a guy who was 0-6), and the other 9 fights of his pro career were 6 & 4 rounders. His toughest opponent by far was Khomitsky, it's a travesty that he's an interim champion, let alone being forced into a Golovkin fight.

If had to put money on the upcoming events that'll happen, it's on a Golovkin/Blanco fight in December. If Jacobs really wanted the fight, it'd have been signed already or it would've been team Jacobs that requested the immediate purse bid.
      HBO cannot do GGG/Blanco. 2016 would be an utter failure for GGG if that's the case.

Comment

HBO cannot do GGG/Blanco. 2016 would be an utter failure for GGG if that's the case.
        ... of course they can't do this fight... (Blanco doesn't even know what he is: jr.middleweight or middleweight... and only two 12 rounders so far)

Comment

He needs to call Saunders December bluff asap. If that goes down, he can probably postpone any Blanco Mando. Or even give Jacobs his interim fight, but make him fight Lara who'd supposedly face Ggg next and has nothing going on otherwise

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            He needs to call Saunders December bluff asap. If that goes down, he can probably postpone any Blanco Mando. Or even give Jacobs his interim fight, but make him fight Lara who'd supposedly face Ggg next and has nothing going on otherwise
            ... at #250 I said:

In case Saunders calling out GGG in Dec. was for real, they would get an "unification" bout... (But I'm afraid that, in ten days from now, Saunders would forget that he called out GGG these days...)

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... at #250 I said:

In case Saunders calling out GGG in Dec. was for real, they would get an "unification" bout... (But I'm afraid that, in ten days from now, Saunders would forget that he called out GGG these days...)
              Yeah you're right, it's a best case scenario that probably doesn't happen. Though BJ just spoke up today, follow up on that quick. You gotta like my Jacobs vs Lara idea for his interim fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

Did Eubank vacate Wba interim to avoid Jacobs or this guy? That'd be a good fight for both, Blanco vs Eubank. His amateur record is bada$$, esp for a Venezuelan

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:546386

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                  Danny Jacobs, another clown, another GGG duck. There are already too many to count. Nobody EVER in the history of the sport had one of the most prestigious divisions shook as the Kazakh Warrior.

" Nobody EVER in the history of the sport had " so any ignorant clowns hanging off his nut-sack.....

..... oh, except for Pacquiao that is !

But, you know all about that as well, don't you ?

Comment

• alright guys its time to regroup. jacobs was the hero we deserved but not the one we needed. BACK TO GGG DUCKED WARD AND LARA GO!

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Why would Jacobs ask for an interim bout during negotiation? If true, he and his team are clowns.

that is exactly what Canelo did with Khan

if it went down like this...... "fk these clowns, they won't make me a decent offer..... they have no other options on the table, so I will take another fight in the meantime while they reconsider my worth"..... then I understand completely

let's not forget..... the other avenue Jacobs considered was petitioning the WBA to ask for a better split

It is obvious what is happening..... the team that has a reputation for being notoriously difficult to deal with - you know, the team that just walked away from 10mil to fight Canelo - seem to be up to their old tricks.

no way should Jacobs be manipulated into taking short money from a bunch of hype-jobs who are notoriously difficult to negotiate with.

NOTE: this is just another fight that Team Bull**** look to be about to lose..... so no big deal really, just add it to the list

Comment

Working...
                      X