Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight would the Mexican Canelo fans want next? Pacquiao, Floyd 2, Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    What are you so butthurt about?

And I think Golovkin-Alvarez would sell more than Pacquiao-Alvarez. That fight would be seen as a travesty. Obviously it would be a better win than over Pacquiao also.
    The GGG vs Canelo rivalry is just fresh it needs at least a year and build up to get mega numbers, Canelo needs to start speaking English and doing interviews on talk shows trashing GGG and vice versa.

I still think the Pacquiao Canelo fight will draw more numbers, Mexicans will love that fight and the casuals will eat it up, its another David v Goliath fight, and they want to see if Pacquiao and be great against a big man again,people love spectacles

The GGG Canelo fight needs build up, the Pac fight will be a good tune up for Canelo and another huge KO over a legend this time, it will send Canelo into the mainstream fandom and cross him over. Only downside is if that fight does huge numbres Canelo might play that build your name up card to GGG that Floyd used to do to guys, Floyd would say fight someone and get your numbers up first, Canelo is using Floyds tactics as well he really does copy some of floyds stuff.

Canelo already said GGG hasnt fought anyone and needs to fight some big names before facing him. Plus Canelo doesnt care if they strip him of the WBC belt.

unless Pacquiaos name is damaged for supporting Traditional marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      What are you so butthurt about?

And I think Golovkin-Alvarez would sell more than Pacquiao-Alvarez. That fight would be seen as a travesty. Obviously it would be a better win than over Pacquiao also.
      Butt hurt or telling the truth?

It would not be a better name than Pacquiao, it would not sell more PPV's than a fight versus Pacquiao. You are smoking something good. Pacquiao has much better wins and a much better career than Golovkin and a much better track record in PPV's than 97k. His flop of a PPV vs Bradley 3 was 400k. Are you cray, if Pac can do that with Bradley, Canelo adds at the very least another 400k to that, putting it nicely. It definitely does over 1 million.

Comment

GGG is the fight to make. Why bring up smaller fighters for Canelo to keep fighting?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          The GGG vs Canelo rivalry is just fresh it needs at least a year and build up to get mega numbers, Canelo needs to start speaking English and doing interviews on talk shows trashing GGG and vice versa.

I still think the Pacquiao Canelo fight will draw more numbers, Mexicans will love that fight and the casuals will eat it up, its another David v Goliath fight, and they want to see if Pacquiao and be great against a big man again,people love spectacles

The GGG Canelo fight needs build up, the Pac fight will be a good tune up for Canelo and another huge KO over a legend this time, it will send Canelo into the mainstream fandom and cross him over. Only downside is if that fight does huge numbres Canelo might play that build your name up card to GGG that Floyd used to do to guys, Floyd would say fight someone and get your numbers up first, Canelo is using Floyds tactics as well he really does copy some of floyds stuff.

Canelo already said GGG hasnt fought anyone and needs to fight some big names before facing him.

unless Pacquiaos name is damaged for supporting Traditional marriage.
          Casuals aren't that stupid and they know Pacquiao. At this point most have realized Khan was a bloated fighter who didn't belong in there and nearly got killed, few people are gonna pay for a shtshow like this to watch a shot Pacquiao who'll come in at 150lb's get KO'd vs middleweight Alvarez who will be at least 172lb's.

Fight is a disgrace and most would just be disgusted at it. I'd like to see what Khan-Alvarez did also, I'm guessing around 400-500k.

Golovkin is the fight people want to see Alvarez fight, it's not like Pacquiao-Bradley or something, Golovkin has been carrying a lot more hype as Alvarez' rival and I think the fight could break a mil.
          Last edited by SplitSecond; 05-08-2016, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

It would not be a better name than Pacquiao, it would not sell more PPV's than a fight versus Pacquiao. You are smoking something good. Pacquiao has much better wins and a much better career than Golovkin and a much better track record in PPV's than 97k. His flop of a PPV vs Bradley 3 was 400k. Are you cray, if Pac can do that with Bradley, Canelo adds at the very least another 400k to that, putting it nicely. It definitely does over 1 million.
            Oh so now it's about PPV numbers? Pacquiao, who is even smaller than Khan and not to mention old and a shell of his former self, is more intriguing at 155 than a middleweight unification fight between two of the best middleweights in their prime? GTFO with this ****, always throwing shade at GGG can't even admit it's the best fight right now. Boxing fans are ******ed I swear to god

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

You're not telling the truth, No one would consider a win over Pacquiao better than a win over Golovkin. Most don't even count Mayweather's win over Marquez, middleweight champ Canelo beating up old junior welterweight Pacquiao isn't worth sht.

Mayweather and Pacquiao recent ppv's also shouldn't have added to 4.6 mil. The trick is give the people the fight they want to see. Or in Pacquiao-Mayweather case the fight they think they want to see.
              Last edited by SplitSecond; 05-08-2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

The GGG Canelo fight needs build up, .
                And here is the problem. Boxing fans need to quit with this old bull**** logic of "building fights up" and letting fights marinate. PPV numbers shouldn't be the driving force among fans, we aren't getting paid we are the ones that have to pay for the fights! Who gives a **** if washed up Pacquiao can draw more people, doesn't mean it should happen. Hell, I'm sure Mike Tyson vs Wilder right now would sell more than Wilder vs Povetkin doesn't mean it should happen and that it wouldn't be a farce.

Boxing fans should want and ask for the best fights, not worry about what sells the most. We always complain that boxing doesn't always deliver the best fights and that the UFC does consistently, so why the **** would boxing fans not want to see the best right now? Some ******ed logic.

Comment

Not really a fan of Canelo, but he needs to fight GGG. Not really a choice, given WBC mandatory, but am pretty sure WBC pulls some kind of extension. No surprise there.

Can't really justify him fighting smaller guys, except to make money and play it safe. As a boxing fan, can't support this. I think casuals eat this kind of stuff up - big-name matches, highlight reel knockouts. So, maybe the public shows interest in Pacquiao-Canelo fight. But, I don't think it makes the numbers people think it will.

Canelo, kind of screwed himself, with some of these matches, since he still hasn't fought a solid middleweight, let alone GGG. If, in fact he is fighting GGG either in September or later this year, then he should have taken 2 middleweight fights against solid opponents to test the waters.

Want to see Canelo-GGG in September. Potentially, brutalizing Canelo will give rise to the next superstar in boxing. Only problem is he's 34. Canelo defeating GGG, gives him superstar status, as well. This fight kind of reminds me of Margarito-Cotto, for some reason.
                  Last edited by sparkman0811; 05-08-2016, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Oh so now it's about PPV numbers? Pacquiao, who is even smaller than Khan and not to mention old and a shell of his former self, is more intriguing at 155 than a middleweight unification fight between two of the best middleweights in their prime? GTFO with this ****, always throwing shade at GGG can't even admit it's the best fight right now. Boxing fans are ******ed I swear to god
                    LOL its always funny seeing those rare moments when Nata gets mad.

Comment

LOL its always funny seeing those rare moments when Nata gets mad.
                      Put some ****ing respeck on my name spell that **** right

Comment

Working...
                      X