Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mitchell is the perfect example of football tough, being different from boxing tough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    How do you know they dont? LOL that's the point man, I can't beat this drum to death anymore. You just don't get it and refuse to get it.

Look, the world has caught up, but let's not act as if America doesn't produce great athletes the world over. Everyone calls American fat and stupid, yet they continue to dominate in the Olympics and on the world stage.

The reality is, boxing is NOT mainstream in America anymore. Kids aren't lining up to fight in gyms, they are out there wanting to be the next great quarterback, running back or great basketball player.

This generation is weak compared to the one's past, there's no doubt about that. That also doesn't mean there aren't still young, good, strong, tough kids in America. There are, just fewer and farther between.

That's my point, you have to play the percentages. The more kids want to box, the more chances you will find the next Ali, Frazier or Joe Lewis.

Right now you have a better chance of finding the next Kobe Bryant.

Why do you think Mexico keeps producing great fighters? Because boxing is still mainstream in Mexico and it's in the heart of the people and culture. It's not like that in the U.S anymore, sorry but it's not.
    Why do you keep bringing up stuff I have never even said anthing about?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      nobody is saying that American networks aren't looking for american HW. american networks looking for american fighters is something a child cries about.

what's being said is that wilder and mitchell are talented, and they are not unique. there are hundreds, if not thousands of mitchells and wilders. do you think mitchell would have been on hbo if he didn't win his first 20 or so fights?

keep on crying, though. and in between sob sessions, can you actually watch an NBA or NFL game?

a history of the HW world championship. notice the american flags. i don't expect any of you to actually care about the history of the sport, but here it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...xing_champions

of the consensus top 10 HW of all time, there is one non american, lennox lewis. the rest are american big men.

I don't know where you get this crying bit from. This is merely a discussion about the myth that exists among american boxing fans. If anyone is crying, its the ones going on and on about how this sport and that sport are taking away from american heavyweights. The toughness required for boxing is completely different than that of football and basketball. Why is that so hard to understand?

Comment

Yes it's impossible to tell if someone would be any good at fighting without them actually fighting. A bank manager in New York could have been the greatest fighter ever if he had trained from a young age, we'll never know. The NFL is a BS excuse.

Comment

It's NFL Sunday and America is shook.

Comment

Working...
          X