No announcement yet.

Shobox: Angelo Santana vs Juan Garcia RbR/Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Believe me, I wish Yordenis only the best. I hope you're right about him.

I know you've been monitoring Angelo, as I have. Tonight was the first chance I got to see Santana outside of some Youtube videos. I'm very pleased with his performance. Angelo didn't just not let me down, he exceeded my expectations in some ways. Even with his inactivity, Santana came in and laid down the law. Very impressive.
    Very impressive performance indeed. His inactivity stems from the way he's been managed. Most fighters feel they are ready to step up and it's taken with a grain of salt. Santana has been asking to step up for a while now, he should be taken serious after this performance.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
      Very impressive performance indeed. His inactivity stems from the way he's been managed. Most fighters feel they are ready to step up and it's taken with a grain of salt. Santana has been asking to step up for a while now, he should be taken serious after this performance.
      They can't let this kid's talent go to waste. Santana seems to have it all. He's skilled, fast and has KO power. Perhaps most importantly, he's exciting to watch. Not that I think his team isn't doing a good job, but I kept thinking throughout the fight that Santana can go far with the right trainer.

Angelo seems a little reckless at times, but that can probably be chalked up to his youth. His counterpunching was a thing of beauty tonight. Santana's busier than most of the counterpunchers we're used to seeing, which I like. And don't figuratively fall asleep on him, 'cause he'll make it literal.

Comment

That was an Insane, Awesome, Crazy K.O., Props to Santana will definitely be looking out for his next fight!

Comment

Remember the comments I posted on Youtube about Yordenis Ugas? Have you seen what I've been saying about Santana? This is the difference. Ugas got upset by the inferior Garcia. Angelo put Juan to sleep in exciting fashion, and made him look outclassed from the outset. This is a prospect: Angelo "The Cuban Cobra" Santana!
          I think I told you about Santana a few fights ago, the kid have some potential...

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
            I think I told you about Santana a few fights ago, the kid have some potential...
            Above average potential, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
              I think you might have. Someone did. If it was you, thanks!

Above average potential, that's for sure.
              No doubt. I have no problem with that statement at all. I would go as far as saying that Santana could be a star. Of course, this is a very unpredictable and unforgiving sport, but Angelo looks very impressive so far. I've got my fingers crossed.

Comment

No doubt. I have no problem with that statement at all. I would go as far as saying that Santana could be a star. Of course, this is a very unpredictable and unforgiving sport, but Angelo looks very impressive so far. I've got my fingers crossed.
                Man the fact that this sport is unpredictable and uncompassionate make's it so very interesting.
                Santana seems like he'll probably spark some interest around his division....

Comment

Man the fact that this sport is unpredictable and uncompassionate make's it so very interesting.
                  Santana seems like he'll probably spark some interest around his division....
                  He has a very fan-friendly style. Santana is fast and aggressive...and he knocks people out. lol That's what fans pay to see. I love the fact that the kid is skilled on top of all that. We may never see as spectacular a KO from Angelo again, but it'll definitely get him some attention in the meantime.

Comment

He has a very fan-friendly style. Santana is fast and aggressive...and he knocks people out. lol That's what fans pay to see. I love the fact that the kid is skilled on top of all that. We may never see as spectacular a KO from Angelo again, but it'll definitely get him some attention in the meantime.
                    Can we get some hard-core fans asap!!! I mean in the masses! Fak...

Comment

Not very much. I stumbled upon his name some time ago and searched for footage on Youtube. There were only a couple of vids, but Santana looked immediately impressive. As they mentioned in the broadcast, Angelo was Cuban champ a couple of times, but didn't fight internationally.

I like the way Santana fights. I'm glad I'm not alone. It's too early to tell, obviously, but the kid looks quite promising. One of the things I'm happy about is that Angelo is only 24. I'm saddened when I see that most of our best (Cuban) fighters made U.S. shores already too old to see their best potential. Santana is a welcome change from that trend.
                      Very excited to see his next move. I hope Don King doesn't bog him down like he does with so many of his fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X