No announcement yet.

Listen Up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
    Thats the reason it's BASED on true events and not followed down to every last detail.

The english back then were obviously a bunch of ruthless ****s anyway. Fair enough you can try and take over for more land but king Edward was an evil mother ****er.
    Braveheart is hardly based on actual events at all, most of what happens in the movie is pure fiction! The reason you believe the English were ruthless back then is because of movies like Braveheart. Edward was nothing like the character portrayed in the movie. In reality, other nationalities committed far worse acts than the English...

Here's an actual historical event that really did happen, the movie didn't show:

William Wallace, while invading, then pillaging and raping Northern England in 1297, came upon a church where some 70 English schoolboys were hiding. He ordered it burned, with the boys still inside. These children died a horrible death...

Historical facts:

- England never occupied Scotland when Wallace was a boy - they never killed his father. There never was a cruel occupation where they took the Scottish women for themselves in the 1290's.
    - Wallace never captured York or any other castle in Northern England, although he did briefly invade.
    - The battle of Stirling Bridge was the only one Wallace ever won. It was very different than the battle in the field shown in the movie - in reality, a small English force was overcome when they were divided by being halfway across a bridge.
    - In the Battle of Falkirk, there were no Irishmen involved, although they were involved in other battles, willingly on the English side! The Irish generally liked Edward I, because they took their religion very seriously at that time, and Edward was a devout Roman Catholic, like most Irishmen. The Irish vs. English animosity began centuries later, when Protestant settlers arrived in Ireland. Edward was a good king who never ordered his men to fire arrows on their countrymen, as was shown in the movie.
    - Edward I was one of history's greatest warriors. He didn't have a cough, and was a devout Catholic who led a crusade, not a pagan! The English never lost a battle when he led. He never pushed his son's friend out of a window (his son was a young boy in 1297, not a young man). Edward I was an amazing man: at the age of 67 in 1303, he led an assault on Stirling Castle, the last Scottish stronghold. His horse was killed by an arrow in that battle, the old king fell to the ground but wasn't hurt.

William Wallace was ruthless - Edward I was a great king and a good man, and was a hundred times better warrior than the Scotsman.

And I hope Amir Khan KOs William Limond today!
    Last edited by Steelhammer86; 07-14-2007, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy The Gent View Post
      nah its nice mate, I'll struggle when i'm down in England like no chippy sauce, what the hell do you have with your chips then?
      In Yorkshire?? We have mushy peas...then the other stuff, you know.. gravy, beans, curry sauce etc. Tomato/ Brown sauce. **** it... why dont you just get some brown sauce n mix the vinegar yourself??! How come your moving south of the border? - You wanted to have the wonders of England in your life that you miss out on in Scotland.... like flushing inside toilets and electricity haha. j/k.

(God... i can see you saying "English wanker" right now. haha.)

Comment

Nice one Joe. Top lad, have a book for your geeky research methods!!

This whole subject upsets me so much. Gibson has made such a disgrace to British heritage and history. Its quite insulting the way he recreated our history and ****ed it up so bad. Its a mockery and a lie and he should be ashambed.

He really has to think about what he's doing. You know, films like that could really have caused some damage if us and the Scots weren't two sensible nations. I mean... what if Mel Gibson had decided to do a film based upon the history of the I.R.A and the warring history of North and Southern Ireland. It could have stirred so much resentment and trouble. People could get hurt. What a ****ing idiot. A complete disregard for the truth and common sense.

Comment

yep the Mel gibson movie about the English tyranny in Scotland is fiction.I hope Mel does one about he 1788 invasion ,it wouldnt be nearly as boring as the royal family one .

Comment

Originally posted by Defier View Post
            yep the Mel gibson movie about the English tyranny in Scotland is fiction.I hope Mel does one about he 1788 invasion ,it wouldnt be nearly as boring as the royal family one .
            British 1 Abos 0.

Comment

Originally posted by !!! Beowulf !!! View Post
              British 1 Abos 0.

they brought knives (spears) to a gun fight. never had a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
                they brought knives (spears) to a gun fight. never had a chance.
                They were complete primitives, not like other Pacific tribal groups who were pretty decent fighters.

Shame the Abo culture got so damaged though, their way of life looked rather strange.

Comment

i never met an Australian once

Comment

Originally posted by RichLoc View Post
                    i never met an Australian once
                    a crying shame.

Comment

Working...
                    X