Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Do You rank Beau Jack, All-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Do You rank Beau Jack, All-time?

One of the most underrated Lightweights ever..

Wins:

Henry Armstrong
    Willie Joyce
    Bob Montgomery
    Fritzie Zivic
    Lew Jenkins
    Tony Janiro
    Tippy Larkin
    Bummy Davis

A great, great record. Just couldn't beat Ike Williams.

Beau Jack is an Bill Gate's Ricky Hatton.

Comment

Yeah about a billion times better though.

Comment

Beau Jack is one of the all time greats. They don't make fighters like him anymore. Only real boxing fans and well seasoned fighters even know who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by esl_4_u View Post
          Beau Jack is one of the all time greats. They don't make fighters like him anymore. Only real boxing fans and well seasoned fighters even know who he is.

in the sense that he was a hard man and an agressor, one can argue that "they don't make fighters like him any longer. certainly not in the capacity that they used to.

but to say that he'd be impervious to harm against a modern LW is wrong. i'd pick floyd mayweather and pernell whitaker to beat him on points without much fuss.

and duran would stretch him out with something similar to the stuff williams put on him.

where do i rank him?

somewhere in the top 100-50 i'd reckon. i have not worked out my p4p list much beyond 10.

Comment

Originally posted by esl_4_u View Post
            Yeah, which I just don't understand. Just look at the guys he's fought and in the most talent rich era of lightweight. Maybe due to lack of footage.

Comment

Beau WHO??? How many PPVs does he have? This foo got a million losses? He aint greater than Money May, dawg!

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                Beau WHO??? How many PPVs does he have? This foo got a million losses? He aint greater than Money May, dawg!
                Oh **** right off.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  in the sense that he was a hard man and an agressor, one can argue that "they don't make fighters like him any longer. certainly not in the capacity that they used to.

but to say that he'd be impervious to harm against a modern LW is wrong. i'd pick floyd mayweather and pernell whitaker to beat him on points without much fuss.

and duran would stretch him out with something similar to the stuff williams put on him.

where do i rank him?

somewhere in the top 100-50 i'd reckon. i have not worked out my p4p list much beyond 10.
                  Who cares what modern fighter would beat him? I'd pick Jones over Greb but that means jackshyt. I'd pick Whitaker over Duran and most lightweights, probably all of them to be honest so that's not really anything detracting from Jack's abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
                    Who cares what modern fighter would beat him? I'd pick Jones over Greb but that means jackshyt. I'd pick Whitaker over Duran and most lightweights, probably all of them to be honest so that's not really anything detracting from Jack's abilities.

i was responding to a post that stated: "they don't make fighters like him any more."

while stylistically he may be a throwback, his quality wasn't so great that he'd be in a league beyond the two fighters mentioned, mayweather jr and whitaker. fighters of his quality are still made.

Comment

Working...
                    X