Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Rakhim Chakhiev bring HW division to life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Rakhim Chakhiev bring HW division to life?

What are your thoughts on Chakhiev? I find him to be very exciting and hope to see more of him. It would be nice if he fought a couple times a month or at least once per month.

He still has some learning to do, and while Jolly is a journeyman, he does have a very good jab and I noticed that Chakhiev struggled with it just a tad.

I do think that with some polishing he can run the division and bring some excitement to it.

I like how every punch he throws is devastating.

I think anything would bring excitement into the division right now. It's just not fun anymore to watch because the Klitschko's just destroy everybody. Won't say he'll be a great challenge to them anytime soon but definitely excited to watch him keep on fighting.

I love the heavy hitters.

Comment

Comment

Chakhkiev is a cruiserweight.

He will do very well in that division.

The heavyweight division is alive and well with talented young fighters like Helenius, Boytsov, Pala, Pulev, Glazkov, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post

The heavyweight division is alive and well with talented young fighters like Helenius, Boytsov, Pala, Pulev, Glazkov, etc.

I thought he was fighting at heavyweight now.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post

I understand that you as an individual may believe what you have bolded above is true, but as for me and most other fans and just about every analyst will tell you, the division is in the dumps. I love boxing yet I can not bring myself to watch any current heavyweights and historically that is my favorite division.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
              I thought he was fighting at heavyweight now.
              No. He's too short.

Most of his amateur fights were at light heavyweight, although he won Olympic Gold in the "under 200" category.

Comment

I love the epic unibrow. Looks like a badass bouncer at a russian night club.

Comment

no................

Comment

A cruiserweight and a 6 foot tall one at that.

He needs to watch that diet and keep his little ass below 200, he has no business up there. Unless he has other-worldly abilities.

Comment

Working...
                    X