Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father shoots teen boy because of daughter...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 876arrow View Post
    And all the times guns have saved people's lives... nothing to say about that, piggy ol' boy?
    Vastly outnumbered by murders and suicides and stupidity like the example in this thread.

Oh and piggy, the boy in that girl's bed could've been trying to rape her. We don't know the full story yet.
    Except he clearly wasn't. And he was shot dead because the first thing the dipshit dad did is fetch the guns.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Vastly outnumbered by murders and suicides and stupidity like the example in this thread.
      The vast majority of gun murders are committed by people who obtained their gun illegally.

Except he clearly wasn't. And he was shot dead because the first thing the dipshit dad did is fetch the guns.
      He probably wasn't a rapist, but we don't know the full story. Still, guns save lives and that's all there is to it.

Comment

So wait, this ***** was grimey enough to say "I don't know who the hell this is" when a gun was pointed at her damn BF's head but was brave enough to sneak him in WHILE HER FATHER WAS HOME?
        Last edited by SkillspayBills; 03-14-2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

The dads a dip**** because he grabbed the gun at 230 am when he was told a guy was in his daughters room?

Just when I thought a liberals wrist couldnt get any limper.....

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            So wait, this ***** was grimey enough to say "I don't know who the hell this is" when she got caught but was brave enough to sneak him in WHILE HER FATHER WAS HOME?
            Sounds about right for all kids. Make stupid decisions, deny when caught/potentially in deep ****.

Comment

The vast majority of gun murders are committed by people who obtained their gun illegally.
              That actually isn't the relevant statistic. It doesn't matter that more murders are committed with illegally-gotten guns (of course they are), it matters whether an unacceptable number of murders or accidental deaths result from the use of legally-gotten guns.

Keep in mind, I'm not completely anti-gun. I'm just pointing out that the fact you shared with us doesn't matter.

He probably wasn't a rapist, but we don't know the full story. Still, guns save lives and that's all there is to it.
              If you make an argument for guns simply in the basis that they "save lives", the logical way of proving this argument to be effective would be to prove that they save more lives in the hands of civilians than they harm in the hands of civilians. Of course, individual cases are going to result in their own debates over whether gun use was justified or not, as well.

In other words, I'm saying that "they save lives" isn't a sufficient argument by itself. The real argument you're looking for is "they save more lives than they harm", or something of that sort.

To clarify my position, I'm for regulation of gun ownership but am much more concerned with gun culture, and would like to see a shift in the way our society thinks about guns and their importance or use. This may sound a lot like the shift you told me you wanted in society with regards to marijuana/drinking, although I am absolutely for the legality of all of these things with certain regulations in place.
              Last edited by samouraï; 03-14-2014, 10:05 PM.

Comment

The vast majority of gun suicides are committed by legal gun owners and the vast majority of murders that are committed out of sheer second amendment stupidity are also committed with legally owned guns.

The presence of so many guns and the mad culture around them in the US causes a spiralling escalation of violence. Guy gets into an argument in a movie theatre over texting, the argument escalates into pushing and shoving and the guy pulls out a legally owned and carried gun and shoots the other person dead. No gun, no death.

Guy shoots into a carload of teens killing one of them because they were playing loud music, no gun no death.

Two guys get into a road rage incident, both pull guns, both shoot each other dead. No guns, no death.

It works like this: I have a gun for my protection but the other guy might have a gun for his protection and he might know that I've got a gun so he will pull his gun out first so if I see him reaching for soemthing or moving his hands or anything I have to pull out my gun and shoot or he might pull out the gun he might have and shoot first. Utter dumb fuckery.

The notion of using a gun to fend off attackers is a FANTASY. You are considerably more likely to murder an innocent person than you ever are to actually use your gun to defend yourself. It's no different than those pot bellied fucks who run McDojo martial arts schools and insist on their techniques' effectiveness on "the street" while practising every move in slow motion with rubber knives. Except that the home defense fantasy puts actual holes in people, instead of just making delusional senseis feel like badasses.

He wasn't a rapist, he was her boyfriend. She lied about knowing him and now he's dead. Why did she lie? Because her dad is a gun toting moron, that's my guess.

Comment

Wasnt their a mass stabbing at a school in China by a mad man? **** statists that hate the bill of rights and self defense.

Comment

The notion of using a gun to fend off attackers is a FANTASY
                    Seemed to work out pretty well for Zimmerman...

Comment

The blame lies with the daughter for lying to her dad.

Comment

Working...
                      X