Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is Donaire-Rigondeaux in Trouble Over Drug Testing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Nonito Donaire Jr.
    43 minutes ago
    And just to let you know, I never required my opponents to do VADA. Rigo CALLED me out AND agreed to do VADA testing on HIS OWN. It was also in negotiations. So why back out when you gave your word as a MAN?
    if donaire doesn't require his opponents to go thru vada drug testing then why is he threatening to pull out of the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      That's ludicrous. Verbal agreements always precede contractual agreements and are the basis on which contracts are later drawn up and signed.

One side suddenly refusing to do something they previously agreed to do is always going to cause problems. It wrecks the basis on which the contracts were drawn up in the first place. Unless of course you're not from Planet Earth in which case let this serve as a lesson in our ways.
      But again, how do you prove a verbal agreement? If person A puts something in a contract that person B doesn't like, person A can lie and say 'Verbal Agreement, you said it' and then everyone's arguing and pointing the finger at each other and nothing can be proved unless it was recorded. I admit I don't have too much experience in drawing up contracts, but to me if your basing a contract off a verbal agreement that can't be verified...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        it's the same damn thing man ..pac agreed the first time around but the cut off was where they did'nt agree...to make it simple , nonito is basiclly saying he wont fight rigo unless he agrees to the VADA testing just like floyd did with pacqauio....

the big diffrence so far is , floyd came up with loads oF BS even after pac agreed to the testing without cut off...i hope rigo signs soon and nonito better not come up with BS like floyd did...
        i know this is not about floyd but when did pacquiao agree to testing with no cut off dates and what was the load of bs ?

Comment

Originally posted by SceneSpectator! View Post
          Correct! He fought these fighters without subjecting them to random blood test because they did not commit themselves to this kind of blood test. So, it was not stipulated on their contract to subject them into random blood test. But what is wrong is, Rigo agreed to this random blood test in the very first place, so it was stipulated in their contract that he should undergo random blood test. Now, he shouldn't back it down because this is what in the contract is, and the fight will not push-through without signing this contract by both sides. So, it’s very clear that Rigo will be at blame should this fight will not push through!
          im not sayin rigo is right for agreeing verbally then not signing the contract coz it aint ...but nonito himself says he is not requiring his opponent to test so whether rigo agreed or not to test , should'nt be a big deal coz he is not requiring it...he is contradicting himself ....

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
            if donaire doesn't require his opponents to go thru vada drug testing then why is he threatening to pull out of the fight?
            Are you incapable of SIMPLE reading???? He doesn't require it, Rigo VOLUNTEERED and it was placed into the negotiations. Donaire REQUIRES fulfillment of negotiations agreed upon. Cant you fuking read?

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
              WOOOOOOOOW!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              I'm not gonna lie I'm completely flabbergasted @ donaires contradictions & excuses.

first he said it was the money, then he said rigo was too boring, then he said rigo was fighting him over the dates. then he said it was the testing. (although he claimed he would NEVER make a fighter go through extra testing) that in it's self makes people lose respect for you.

rigo agreed to all...........now it's "if he doesn't sign quick enough I'm lining up another opponent as quick as i can"

wtf? what kind of circus is this that nonities running?

he's not fooling anyone. you would have to be a flat out nuthugging psychopath to not be able to see through ninitos games

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Pac said the same thing when Oscar refused the 60/40 split, that's what fighters say when they wanna put pressure on the other camp, are y'all new to boxing or something?
                No, they're just so desperate to hate on Donaire and claim he's ducking Rigo that they jump on everything. I'm beginning to think these people don't actually want Rigondeaux to fight Donaire.

Comment

In this day and age of so many pro athletes testing positive for PED's and the issue of some PED's being undetectable by standard testing carried out by athletic state commissions, you can't blame Donaire for taking this position in such an important fight. After all, these guys put their lives on the line every time they step into that ring. One thing I don't like is that Donaire's side was relying on a verbal contract for this special testing. It should have been in writing.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

WOOOOOOOOW!

I'm not gonna lie I'm completely flabbergasted @ donaires contradictions & excuses.

first he said it was the money, then he said rigo was too boring, then he said rigo was fighting him over the dates. then he said it was the testing. (although he claimed he would NEVER make a fighter go through extra testing) that in it's self makes people lose respect for you.

rigo agreed to all...........now it's "if he doesn't sign quick enough I'm lining up another opponent as quick as i can"

wtf? what kind of circus is this that nonities running?

he's not fooling anyone. you would have to be a flat out nuthugger to not see through donaires games
                    Oh he is... believe it or not.

@richard negotiations does not equal contract. You can negotiate all you want but at the end of the day if it's not in the contract, Rigo doesn't need to do it nor should Donaire be demanding it.

Comment

• Originally posted by puga View Post
                      should'nt be a big deal coz he is not requiring it...he is contradicting himself ....
                      No he isn't. Rigo agreed to it and that means the agreement to testing was negotiated and needs to be fulfilled. If Rigo had not volunteered, that would mean he would not be obligated.

Comment

Working...
                      X