Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you name five fighters of the last decade greater than Wladimir ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Sure it has. I thought you were gonna say that, "it hasn't made him the Greatest of All time Heavyweight Fighter". Then I would tend to agree.

But HOF? Pleauzeee!!! Hall of Fame is subjective. Who gets into the HOF is subjective. Even actors who played Fighters got into the HOF and other fighters agreed that they should be in the HOF. I don't think Wlad will have problems making it into the HOF. A first ballot hall of famer 100%
    Subjective it is. And he may get in. But he certainly won't deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      Subjective it is. And he may get in. But he certainly won't deserve it.

Sure he deserves it. Him deserving it is also subjective. You have your standards and they obviously are far higher then the people in charge of overseeing who gets in and who doesn't.

Comment

I canwait till David Price hits Wlad on his egg chin.

He's gonna freak out and his minions and fan boys will start making threads like 'PRIME WLAD VS DAVID PRICE' WHAT WOULD HE HAVE DONE DIFFERNETLY.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
          10 to 11.
          Boxing decades are judged differently.
          Sorry old boy, a decade is a measuring unit meaning ten. Therefore the answer to the question is 10 years. There is no such thing as a special boxing decade.

Generally, when, in terms of years, a decade is mentioned, it is expected to be orderly, like 1990-2000-2010-2020 etc. It may even be "....the decade of the 1980s, the 1990s etc. If other periods of years are meant, the years are specified, for example "...the decade from 1995 to end of 2004....". Some might be more specific, such as ".....from Jan 1st 1995 to December 31st 2004....".

When the year 1999 was less than half way through, there was an enormous world wide scare, lasting for many months that at the first second of the year 2000 all the computer equipment would go crazy and start again at 1900, and great fortunes were made by technical companies who orchestrated this scare, in supplying "fool-proof" equipment. Then, after months of this, someone pointed out that the year 2000 is really the LAST year of the decade, which is not completed until midnight December 31st, 2000. So.........?? It all died down, especially when nothing happened, and the supposedly flawed computers kept working merrily away on Jan 1st 2001......

Comment

I don't have him in my top 10 from 2000 to 2010. Even though his TItle reign started in 2006, there are too many greats with more notable victories in that decade, to be left out of the top 10 so Wlad can have a spot.

And I'm a fan of Wlad and as far as Heavyweights go and always make sure to point out in one way or the other that Wlad beats anyone from 1900 to Circa 2012

Wlad's work is only starting to get recognized now through the accumulation of victories and title defenses and the sheer dominance of it all. Guys gets on the top 10 based on 'notable wins'. I.E. Mosley knocking out Margarito, JMM's overall work. Hopkins wins over Tito, Tarver, Pavlik etc,. Morales' work and his upset victory over Pacquiao. Barrera's work and his upset victory over Hamed etc,.
            To be accurate, he was also WBO world champion in the years between 2000 and 2003.

Comment

Among egg chin fighters. Wlad is the GOAT.

Nobody has ever been more successful from a egg chin ratio to winning % point of view.

Comment

Sure he deserves it. Him deserving it is also subjective. You have your standards and they obviously are far higher then the people in charge of overseeing who gets in and who doesn't.
                No. Wladimir Klitschko does not pass my standards. He does pass yours apparently. And you imply mine are unfair?? lol you're a fangirl, sweetheart. Have a Kleenex.

Comment

2001-2005 Tyson >>>>>>>>>>>> Wlad

The Tyson that sparred Sanders >>>>>>>>> Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                    No. Wladimir Klitschko does not pass my standards. He does pass yours apparently. And you imply mine are unfair?? lol you're a fangirl, sweetheart. Have a Kleenex.
                    Alright. Lets make a voluntary trade. I'll take Wlad off my HOF list if you take Kostya Tszyu off yours. Assuming your standards even allow you to put him in there. Who knows, he might just be on your avatar for the kicks and not because you think highly of him.

After all he only has a mere 31 victories as a professional. With his most notable wins being against a fade Chavez, Judah and Mitchell. All before getting a nice retirement send off by being beaten by Ricky Fatton. This is a pathetic resume even by my standards even though I'd still give him the HOF.

Do we have a Deal?

Comment

Lol long ass, wrong ass decade. Lol not even 2001-2011, he said 2001-2012 when it's actually 2000-2009.

Of 2000-2009:

Mayweather, Hopkins, Pacquiao, Mosley, Roy Jones Jr.

Before you say Roy can't be considered in the list, well he dominated from 2000-2003 which is 4 years of the decade. If you think about it, Wlad really blew up in 06. In 04 he got knocked out, and 05 was his rebuilding year. So Wlad dominated the HW division for the last 4 years of the 00-09 decade. So it's really Roy's 4 years vs Wlad's 4 years. Roy was a 175 champion and went up to HW to win a title, so I give it to Roy.

However, Wlad is one of the top 10 best fighters of 2000-2009, and also a top 5 fighter of 2010-present IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X