No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Tim Bradley Sparring Tough For Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
    Dude, I respect Bradley's skill and determination but he would be just about the worst candidate for a new star possible. You think Arum sees Bradley as worth it to sacrifice Pacquiao? Watch Bradley-Alexander. Even if Bradley beat Pac he'd probably do so in an ugly fashion. He's about 1/100th as marketable as Pacquiao. That would be an insane gameplan if there ever was one. You're starting to get silly here.

Lots of people here underestimating both Bradley and Pacquiao. Apparently now Pacquiao can't win if an opponent has any boxing ability.
    It's pretty easy to make a star honestly. Just beat another star....Mayweather and Pac both became stars off of DLH's name. All Bradley has to do is win, that's it. The world knows Pac and the world knows he is fighting. I he loses, the whole world is going to know that as well as who he lost to.

Mayweather is talking about retirement and America is going to need another black boxing star. It's just marketing...Broner looks like a good choice as a potential star (which HBO is feverishly trying to do with him) but Bradley is in a prime spot to do it right now, not 2 or 3 years down the road. Arum could have just picked him up as a good name for Pac's resume but he and Pac are not on the best of terms and Arum is a snake - I'd NEVER trust that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      It's pretty easy to make a star honestly. Just beat another star....Mayweather and Pac both became stars off of DLH's name. All Bradley has to do is win, that's it. The world knows Pac and the world knows he is fighting. I he loses, the whole world is going to know that as well as who he lost to.

Mayweather is talking about retirement and America is going to need another black boxing star. It's just marketing...Broner looks like a good choice as a potential star (which HBO is feverishly trying to do with him) but Bradley is in a prime spot to do it right now, not 2 or 3 years down the road. Arum could have just picked him up as a good name for Pac's resume but he and Pac are not on the best of terms and Arum is a snake - I'd NEVER trust that guy.
      Here's what I'm saying:

-If Manny wins, Arum can still get a good 2-3 more very lucrative fights out of him including a potential Mayweather fight (although this is looking impossible. Personally I think both camps are avoiding each other). Plus, if Bradley at least put up a good fight, he can continue building him up. One loss isn't a career-killer. Bradley will have a lot left in the tank.

-If Bradley wins, he will likely win in an ugly fashion that wins him a very small number of fans willing to pay for his fights. Maybe he can get a big fight or two, but he won't make nearly as Pacquiao would and he'll never become a big draw because he's just not a crowd-friendly fighter.

Gotta respect Bradley for his will to win but you guys are severely overestimating him. I don't count him out, but there's very little in his career to suggest he's going to beat Pacquiao. There's just no evidence to base that idea on. He's going to be a tough customer, and we'll see how well he does, but acting like he's got this fight in the bag is ridiculous. He's not what I'd call a "paper champion" at all, but it's just hard to know what will happen to him when you suddenly stick him in front of one of the best.
      Last edited by samouraï; 04-28-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Lol... Yes they are. That's exactly what I said when I saw those pics.

Comment

No, actually about 95% of the hundreds of posts I've made hyping my boy up deals with his ability to control fights and force other fighters to give up their game plans.

How impressive it is that Bradley dominates nearly every fight while being the weaker puncher and the fact that this takes away 1 of the 2 advantages that Pac has over Tim, power.

Pac being a harder puncher won't really matter because Tim is used to winning these fights while being considered the weaker puncher.

Pac is faster true but mainly effective against a guy that is primary flatfooted and stationary. Pac is a shorter guy with a short reach...plain physics and intuition would tell the insightful man that Pac would be most effective within a small radius. If you remove yourself from this radius, Pac must move as well in order to reach you, either by shuffling towards you or by leaping in at you. Bradley is a very good counter puncher and his movement and footwork are excellent. Bradley will move around and make Pac follow him....right into counter shots.

Bradley is a better inside fighter who understands how to tie up on the inside which Pac seems to struggle with at times.

Add in the fact that as you alluded to, Bradley is in tremendous shape, he won't fatigue like most of Pac's opponents have. He won't allow to take rounds of like he is accustomed to doing.

I could keep on going into reasons why I feel that Bradley can and will win as I could come up with reasons why I think Pac could win. I think that the turmoil, undercover lies, strained promotional relationship, and underestimation of opponent are all going to ,align the stars, so to speak for Bradley.

Pac's team appears to subscribe to this general idea that Bradley is a weak punching, no name, dime a dozen pretender who is going to get swallowed up by the spotlight and give Pac some sparring rounds before the KO comes. Like this fight will erase the rumors that Pac will struggle against a slick, black African-American boxer.

Bradley is probably one of the most hated on, underrated boxers I can think of. That guy is not who Pac and his camp think he is....not at all.
          All that talk and not one mention of head.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao is a good fighter but I see people are really putting him up there like he is so dominate but he hasn't look that way in his last couple of fights. Manny is the type of fighter that his opponent must engage him in order to be dominate because of his speed but once an opponent decides to box and exercise a lil patience then Pac looks lost. I first saw it in the JMM rematch. Marquez was always able to beat Pac but he wanted to fight Pac's fight and not his own. 3rd fight JMM got robbed plain and simple. Bradley has youth, athleticism, toughness and a strong will. Don't see Pac having his way with Tim unless Bradley slips up and leaves his hands down with his chin up in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
              All that talk and not one mention of head.
              Half the time the opponents try to headbutt him. Bradley just has too much swag for these dudes.

Comment

Hahahahahaha...that was a good one bro!

Comment

C'mon bro, why can't it just be america needs another boxing star?
                  I like Bradley, but he'll need something to attract people. People watch Mayweather and Pacquiao for a reason. May because he's undefeated, skilled and flash. Pac because he's a god guy from humble and poverty stricken beginnings who's exciting to watch.
                  I don't think Bradley will become a superstar immediately if he beats Pac.I do think that Arum will try and navigate him towards there.

Comment

already headbutting during sparring

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                      Yea right Bradley is about to get lumped up, it seems as if your making your assessment based on Bradley's physique, but that don't win fights, look what happened to iron man looking Joshua Clottey, he way bigger and just as ripped. Bradley has never been in with anyone even remotely close to Pacquiao who is no doubt the biggest fastest puncher he will ever face..
                      No one's making an assessment based on physique but rather skill. Bradley is everything Marquez is but faster and stronger. This will be the upset of the decade, like Tyson/Douglas in 1990.

Comment

Working...
                      X