No announcement yet.

GOP To Block Senate From Debating Wall Street Reform

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOP To Block Senate From Debating Wall Street Reform

Mitch McConnell has rounded up the necessary votes to block Democrats from bringing Wall Street reform to the Senate floor, a spokesman for the Senate Minority Leader said on Friday afternoon.

Such patriots.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_540823.html

im not a fan of the GOP, but i like this

govt has no place in business, none...

govt "reform" just transfers money from workers, to politicians and their groups....

at least the corporations have to earn my dollar, whereas the pols just steal it

PEACE OUT!

Comment

The article doesn't say what the bill would do.

Sounds pretty hollow on both ends. There's no way this pack of scum will ever do anything to Wall st.

If they were serious they would outlaw derivative speculation or at least tax the **** out of it and impose at least a 5% tobin tax on all Wall St. turnover.

Until I see anyone say anything remotely close to that, I won't even take their efforts at "reform" seriously.

Comment

The GOP are more interested in filling their pockets {With Lobbyists money} than correcting flaws within the financial system.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
          The GOP are more interested in filling their pockets {With Lobbyists money} than correcting flaws within the financial system.
          Barry Sotero got more Wall st. money than any candidate in 08 did by far.

Its a systemic problem, not a gop problem.

Wall st. owns and runs the government.

Veteran seems to think thats ok.

Comment

its a shame that pretty much all politicians on both sides basically sell the american citizen out.

Sure go ahead rip everyone off, well provide tax cuts if you have kids to encourage more mating and produce new heads to rip off in the future maybe even give newborn babys credit cards!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post

Veteran seems to think thats ok.
              just goes to show how little you really know jackie...

if i had to pick between big govt and big business i would pick big business 10/10 times...

if govt didnt have the power they did, then there would be no interest in businesses to "buy" the govt...

so take the power from the govt and the businesses have to earn their power...

you see, you can't make lobbying illegal, but without power lobbying is pointless...

Comment

BOMBSHELL – Whistle Blower Comes Forward With Solid Proof The Price Of Gold And Silver Is Being Manipulated By Major Financial Institutions

For a long time many of us have had very serious suspicions that the prices of gold and silver were being highly manipulated. But now, thanks to the mind blowing testimony of one very brave whistle blower, the blatant manipulation of the world gold and silver markets is being blown wide open. What you are about to read below is absolutely staggering. Once the American people learn how incredibly corrupt the world financial system is, it is going to change everything. The government that we are all trusting to guard the integrity of the financial system is failing to do that job. It turns out that the Commodities Futures Trading Commission has been sitting on solid evidence that the elite banking powers have been openly and blatantly manipulating the price of gold and silver. Even though they were basically handed a "smoking gun", they have done absolutely nothing with it. But now the information has gone public and the CFTC is red-faced.

Back in November 2009, Andrew Maguire, a former Goldman Sachs silver trader in Goldman's London office, contacted the CFTC's Enforcement Division and reported the illegal manipulation of the silver market by traders at JPMorgan Chase.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...l-institutions

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
                  its a shame that pretty much all politicians on both sides basically sell the american citizen out.

Sure go ahead rip everyone off, well provide tax cuts if you have kids to encourage more mating and produce new heads to rip off in the future maybe even give newborn babys credit cards!
                  the smaller the govt (state, local) the more power and say each voter has....

fed govt = BAD!

Comment

but thats enough already, i posted three more times than intended.... enjoy lads

Comment

Working...
                    X