Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does JMM-Pacquiao rank in greatest ring rivalries?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does JMM-Pacquiao rank in greatest ring rivalries?

Where do the Pacquiao-Marquez fights rank in greatest ring rivalries?

How do they match up with the fights like Ali-Fraizer, Gatti-Ward, McCallum-Toney, Leonard-Duran?

It's the best yet I've seen in my lifetime. Keep in mind, I'm only 29. It's boxing at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
      It's the best yet I've seen in my lifetime. Keep in mind, I'm only 29. It's boxing at its best.
      I would say Barrera-Morales trilogy is the best from that period.

Don't get me wrong Manny-JMM has its moments but there were lulls in the fights and it was so spread out. It was a hell of a rivalry though it started out sick (I still don't get how JMM managed to come back and win 10 straight rounds in my eyes) and the ending is obviously sick.

Comment

minus jmm getting robbed in 3 its great

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post

Don't get me wrong Manny-JMM has its moments but there were lulls in the fights and it was so spread out. It was a hell of a rivalry though it started out sick (I still don't get how JMM managed to come back and win 10 straight rounds in my eyes) and the ending is obviously sick.
          In terms of level of competition, it's pretty high.

But in terms of excitement, I don't think it tops Vasquez vs Marquez I-III.

I think Bowe vs Holyfield is pretty high up there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
            In terms of level of competition, it's pretty high.

But in terms of excitement, I don't think it tops Vasquez vs Marquez I-III.

I think Bowe vs Holyfield is pretty high up there as well.
            I agree with the Vasquez-Marquez triology.

With Holyfield-Bowe the only problem is the third fight didn't really stack up to the other two, not that the third fight was terrible is just seemed both guys were at least a notch below what they were.

Comment

You made me realize how awesome the beginning and ending of the Manny/Marquez rivalry was. It began with Pac knocking down Marquez three times. It ended with Marquez putting Pac to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
                You made me realize how awesome the beginning and ending of the Manny/Marquez rivalry was. It began with Pac knocking down Marquez three times. It ended with Marquez putting Pac to sleep.
                You can't start and end better than that, I don't think that can be denied.

Comment

I agree with the Vasquez-Marquez triology.

With Holyfield-Bowe the only problem is the third fight didn't really stack up to the other two, not that the third fight was terrible is just seemed both guys were at least a notch below what they were.
                  True. Especially since Holyfield was diagnosed with that heart problem as well and Bowe being out of shape.

Comment

Histroy will rate it up there with the rest of them top 10 easily.

Comment

Working...
                    X