No announcement yet.

Alexander Vs Brook Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turkas View Post
    Bailey did land some big shots in that fight that didn't seem to faze Devon at all, but it's not just that fight he can take a punch. Hell, besides that flash knock down from Lucas he's never really been hurt or dropped in the ring.

What people seem to forget about Devon is he is still young. Hell, he's younger than Brook. I think he has and still can improve a lot in his career. And as for the Bradley fight, yeah it was bad, I will be the first to admit that. But he has been in some fights since then and was even in a tough one that could have broken a lot of guys without heart (his fight with Lucas). I honestly think he has learned from the Bradley incident and will continue to do so. He has shown any mental weakness before or since so it's not out of the question to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
    Fair point. Like I said haven't seen much. All I really want is to see a good fight. I don't think it will be though due to Alexander. I know it's a great skill to nullify your opponent. It's like Hopkins I appreciate the quality brings to the ring but can't say I love watching his fights.

Comment

I think Brook is too slow for a fighter with his style who relies on reflexes. Devon is a bit quicker so I see each round being much like the last with Brook trying to look good at the start and slowing realising he is letting rounds slip away then trying to force it more. I can even imagine abit of booing early on and both guys want the other to take the risks and lead.

Home advantage should be decisive as im sure over here they would give it to Brook but away from home he has to fight out of his comfort zone which is something he has only ever done once. Hes fought one bum since to try to make people forgte the Carson Jones fight but I think his inexperience at tis level will let him down. Should have pushed for a fight in Sheffield.

Alexander points in a fight that never quite heats up to boiling point.

Comment

This is potentially a good fight, lets hope Devon doesn't turn it into a snooze-fest like most of his fights.

Comment

brook will win on points but may get robbed,i just hope he is in the shape of his life to be working every single round coz hes gonna need to!robbery could happen but like i say he has to work every round

Comment

GP's vid will probably be more exciting than the fight...

This is a very interesting fight which is difficult to predict due to Brooks lack of top class opposition. I think Brook is going to struggle to get off on a spoiling but quick Alexander, however he definitely puts more into his punches than Devon who often pulls his shots. This could catch the judges eyes. Brook hasnt got the best defense but he doesnt ignore it completely and makes up for a lot of basic problems with above average reflexes and has shown a reasonable chin.

I think Brook will take this on cleaner punching, assuming he has sorted out the stamina issues he had against Jones. However as i said Brook is still something of an unknown quantity so i wouldn't be surprised if Alexander beat him with speed and movement. KO is possible from both sides as both can punch, but the fact that neither has shown a bad chin makes me think that it is unlikely (barring Brook stamina problems).

Brook close decision.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if Alexander stops Brook late on.

Brook's unorthodox but he's also easy to hit and against a southpaw he's going to be caught with angles. He's got a good jab, so he'll need to establish that but Alexander is probably the faster of the two and certainly hits harder. I don't know why people are making it seem like Alexander is just some come forward brawler...

Although, that wouldn't be a bad tactic. Put Brook on the back foot and keep in his face ala Jones and if he hasn't hired a strength & conditioning coach this time 'round, then it'll surely cost him. I feel Alexander can also outbox him too so he has a few options for a game plan should one fail.

I have Alexander with a good performance, Brook does put some work in and gets credit. People realise he's better than what they thought and he does well as a contender and eventually becomes a champion. Very tempted to look into a bet on Alexander late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Wouldn't be surprised if Alexander stops Brook late on.

Brook's unorthodox but he's also easy to hit and against a southpaw he's going to be caught with angles. He's got a good jab, so he'll need to establish that but Alexander is probably the faster of the two and certainly hits harder. I don't know why people are making it seem like Alexander is just some come forward brawler...

Although, that wouldn't be a bad tactic. Put Brook on the back foot and keep in his face ala Jones and if he hasn't hired a strength & conditioning coach this time 'round, then it'll surely cost him. I feel Alexander can also outbox him too so he has a few options for a game plan should one fail.

I have Alexander with a good performance, Brook does put some work in and gets credit. People realise he's better than what they thought and he does well as a contender and eventually becomes a champion. Very tempted to look into a bet on Alexander late stoppage.
                I agree with this, which is why it annoys me so much when he pulls his punches. Ive got no problem with fighters doing it early in a fight to feel out opponent, or mixing in hard shots with softer ones, but i swear he does it way too much. Hard to watch sometimes.

Would love to see this Alexander come out against Brook...

Comment

I got Devon right now since I'm more familiar with him

Comment

I've been watching both fighters for a while now and there's no doubt Brook is the better technical boxer. He puts his punches together sharper and far more accurate. Alexander does move around the ring well but Brook has sown an ability to catch his opponents enough to gain a points advantage. This will be a close fight, neither guy has the power to knock the other out. My gut says Brook by UD/SD but Alexander has been given gifts in the past and could squeak home an undeserved victory.

Moneys on Brook though!

Comment

my heart says brook but my brain says alexander. brook has the goods but alexander has a better resume. time will tell

Comment

Working...
                      X