No announcement yet.

Blueprint on how to beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larcom View Post
    for instance hatton - who i so wanted to win-said that he was gonna pin floyd against the ropes and throw his hooks to the body and be in his face,but in reality floyd caught him coming in with straight rights and then tied him up,i dont think hatton threw 1 body shot.
    Good point. That's the thing with Mayweather, he knows all the tricks of the trade. He can play the rough-house game with the best of them. I actually see him doing just what you described to Pacquiao. He'll catch him on the outside or as he tries to leap in and out with his combos, then tie/rough him up on the inside. People seem to think that Mayweather is going to "run" from Pacquiao but I disagree, I think he'll be the physical one in the ring.

Comment

Here we go again.. May don't even have to prove he could beat pacquiao.. Cause he'd beat him anyway.. Just like Marg and Cotto.. Floyd would win anyway. Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
        Such a crock and another instance of internet brainwashing....Oscar DID lose the fight, but it was not some blow out that the same idiots now that are saying compubox means nothing in Marquez Pacquiao 3...but told the whole story of the Oscar Floyd match are saying. I had it 115-113 to Floyd...can also make the case of 116-112 for Floyd....by no means a blowout...just something dick riders and morons say.
        You could probably count the number of clean hard shots that Oscar landed on both hands with fingers to spare. One could easily question your intelligence for that 115-113 score, there's no way the fight was that close. Seems as if you're another one of these guys who don't know the difference between effective aggression and ineffective aggression.

Comment

I dont necessarily think theres a 'blueprint' on how to beat Floyd, because of his adaptability.

However, he has a number of weaknesses, as all fighters do, that I would take into account if I wear fighting him.

1. Jab to the body. This is actually Mayweather's best punch in my book(or maybe jsut my favorite), but also one of the best ways to open up his defense. Mosley was flicking to the body before rocking Mayweather badly with a right hand. DLH landed one of his biggest and cleanest shots on Maywather by flicking to the body and throwing the right hand up top. Castillo also did this, although it wasnt as pronounced and mostly is seen as him just working his way in.

2. The southpaw right hook. Judah was able to catch Mayweather a number of times with this punch, and it sort of makes sense why. Mayweather's right hand is usually glued to his face to prevent left hooks, and he uses his shoulder for the left hand. If you throw the right hook at the right angle or as a counter, you can get over that left shoulder and land on the temple. Dont forget Corley also hurt Mayweather with a right hook quite badly.

3. Body shots, forcing fight at close range. Pretty self explanatory. Going to the body prevents Mayweather from using his head movement, and getting at close range prevents him from using his legs. Much easier target, although still a hell of a problem to hit. Castillo is still the guy to give Mayweather his toughest fights, and I would follow his strategy if I were a Mayweather opponent.

All that being said, someone like Mayweather is so versatile and talented, it would be very difficult to beat him, to say the least.

I agree wholeheartedly with saying that a Thomas Hearns would make mincemeat out of Mayweather, but a fighter with that kind of skill and physical advantages is in a class of their own, you cant form a strategy based on that.

Comment

Originally posted by QS2 View Post
            i think to beat mayweather one has to make it into a very dirty roughhouse tactic fight. like constantly hugging,grabbing, headbutting, leaning and putting a lot of weight on mayweather and don't let him box. can't out box the master
            but you can out hustle him. most fighter tried to box with him in the past. someone should really train only roughhouse tactics for a mayweather fight.

I don't understand how you can come to this conclusion after the last 2 fighters who tried these rough house tactic got knocked out(Hatton, Ortiz).

This is boxing...Floyd doesn't fight in the UFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
              I dont necessarily think theres a 'blueprint' on how to beat Floyd, because of his adaptability.

However, he has a number of weaknesses, as all fighters do, that I would take into account if I wear fighting him.

1. Jab to the body. This is actually Mayweather's best punch in my book(or maybe jsut my favorite), but also one of the best ways to open up his defense. Mosley was flicking to the body before rocking Mayweather badly with a right hand. DLH landed one of his biggest and cleanest shots on Maywather by flicking to the body and throwing the right hand up top. Castillo also did this, although it wasnt as pronounced and mostly is seen as him just working his way in.

2. The southpaw right hook. Judah was able to catch Mayweather a number of times with this punch, and it sort of makes sense why. Mayweather's right hand is usually glued to his face to prevent left hooks, and he uses his shoulder for the left hand. If you throw the right hook at the right angle or as a counter, you can get over that left shoulder and land on the temple. Dont forget Corley also hurt Mayweather with a right hook quite badly.

3. Body shots, forcing fight at close range. Pretty self explanatory. Going to the body prevents Mayweather from using his head movement, and getting at close range prevents him from using his legs. Much easier target, although still a hell of a problem to hit. Castillo is still the guy to give Mayweather his toughest fights, and I would follow his strategy if I were a Mayweather opponent.

All that being said, someone like Mayweather is so versatile and talented, it would be very difficult to beat him, to say the least.

I agree wholeheartedly with saying that a Thomas Hearns would make mincemeat out of Mayweather, but a fighter with that kind of skill and physical advantages is in a class of their own, you cant form a strategy based on that.
              Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb112 View Post
                I don't understand how you can come to this conclusion after the last 2 fighters who tried these rough house tactic got knocked out(Hatton, Ortiz).

This is boxing...Floyd doesn't fight in the UFC.
                you guys actually count ortiz?

Comment

THe great thing is since there is no blueprint to beat floyd, the first person to do it will reap the benefits.

Comment

Amir Khan has the tools

Comment

thats before pacs fight with marquez and before ARUM SAID THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN NEGOTIATING WITH MAYWEATHER! Read the interviews and stop going by peoples opinions read the interviews with ariza and freddy roach they even say pac wants the fight but arum doesn't and now pac is saying he will decide who he will fight after xmas!!
                      Originally posted by puga View Post
                      this is new...

Comment

Working...
                      X