Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didnt Margarito pressure like he usually does???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didnt Margarito pressure like he usually does???

Do you guys think it was because of Pac or his trainer. I saw him throwing the jab a lot and saw less pressure. I think he was most effective when he pressured hard. I think he would have had a chance....thoughts?

Pacquiao moved in circles, Margarito kept chasing him but Pacquiao kept moving, coming in, moving coming in. Margarito wanted a war. Pacquiao wanted a 12 round decision.

Comment

cause you cant just walk into 8 punch combos without offering at least a jab..plus mannys feet are extremly fast..kinda hard to just walk him down

Comment

Tony knew damn well he wasn't getting up to 120 punches a rd
        Pac was too fast for that
        his game was the right one, to try to KO Pac
        he stepped in behind the jab, not throwing power punch leads early
        but Pac started pulling away, so Tony was forced to change up
        more stalking than punching, trying to get Pac on the ropes
        he scored a lot, but not enough to get rid of Pac

Comment

The real answer is simple, he was fighting Pac. Margarito through two bombs, and absorb 4 - 5 punch combinations. Eitherway, I too am proud of tony, I hope he will recovers. One thing for certain, he won't be the same.

Comment

He tried.......but he would have been KOed.

Comment

Also i think garcia, is trying to change margaritos style as well, i remember lampley saying something about it. That margarito was having difficulty adapting to that style since they haven't been together so long.

Comment

Originally posted by KirbyLovesTacos View Post
                Pacquiao moved in circles, Margarito kept chasing him but Pacquiao kept moving, coming in, moving coming in. Margarito wanted a war. Pacquiao wanted a 12 round decision.
                You must be confused. We're talking about Manny fights here, Not Floyd.

I heard JMM didn't even sit on the canvass.

Comment

Originally posted by KirbyLovesTacos View Post
                  If I was fighting a dwarf, I would too.

Comment

Originally posted by infamous larryx View Post
                    cause you cant just walk into 8 punch combos without offering at least a jab..plus mannys feet are extremly fast..kinda hard to just walk him down
                    Much respect. You're the only Floyd fan who says it like it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X