Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two boxing cards; which would you rather pay for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two boxing cards; which would you rather pay for?

Card 1
    Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito
    Ricardo Cordoba vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux
    ???? vs. Bryan Vera
    Jesus Soto Karass vs. Mike Jones

OR.......

Card 2
    Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rafael Marquez
    Allan Green vs. Glen Johnson
    Zab Judah vs. Lucas Martin Matthysse
    Robert Guerrero vs. Vicente Escobedo

Please note that the second card is all the major fights this weekend that are being aired for free on HBO and Showtime.

This is exactly why I don't buy a lot of PPVs. It's the same action I get for free with my HBO and Showtime subscriptions. The only difference is usually 1 or 2 superstar fighters. Other than that, the undercards of PPV traditionally is no better than what we get for free.

Thoughts?
    Card 1
    38.46%
    Card 2
    53.85%
    Niether
    0.00%
    I don't buy PPV
    7.69%

The poll is expired.

Great friggin post,that's how You do it,gimme a mega fight for my money or put the glorified sparring session on network tv!!

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
      Great friggin post,that's how You do it,gimme a mega fight for my money or put the glorified sparring session on network tv!!
      It often surprises me how much boxing fans are allured into PPV events, when in the end, a lot of times a fight is a fight. There's no guarentee to say that the Pac/Margarito fight will be any better than Lopez/Marquez, yet we're expected to shell out $55 to watch it.

Comment

I believe Rios and Vanes have been added to the Pac-Marg card.

I still pick #2 though.

Comment

Originally posted by dans View Post
          It often surprises me how much boxing fans are allured into PPV events, when in the end, a lot of times a fight is a fight. There's no guarentee to say that the Pac/Margarito fight will be any better than Lopez/Marquez, yet we're expected to shell out $55 to watch it.
          Agree. I've said it on a few occasions, a lot of these fans have become conditioned to pay for anything thrown at em.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
            Agree. I've said it on a few occasions, a lot of these fans have become conditioned to pay for anything thrown at em.
            I've been guilty of it too at times. De La Hoya - Pacquiao was one that I really regretted.

My point isn't that PPV's can't be good, only that for what we're paying, the difference from watching a regular televised fight is not worth the money.

Next weekend, hundreds of thousands will pay to see Pacquiao-Margarito, when in just the weekend prior, there are plenty of good fights that could produce equally satisfying results.

Comment

Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rafael Marquez (Card 2)
              Allan Green vs. Glen Johnson (Card 2)
              Zab Judah vs. Lucas Martin Matthysse (Card 2)
              Jesus Soto Karass vs. Mike Jones (Card 1)
              Ricardo Cordoba vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux (Card 1)
              Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito (Card 1)
              Robert Guerrero vs. Vicente Escobedo (Card2)
              ???? vs. Brian Vera (Card 1)

this is how i rank my interest in these 8 fights, let me add if i wasnt a mike jones fan i would rank that fight alot lower.

most ppvs are terrible, promoters live of the name of the top fighters but the acctual matchups are garbage along with the undercard. but on free TV u get fighters looking to prove themselfs so they always take on real oponents. id rather watch two evenly matched top contenders fight where theres some suspenese, than watching a top fighter/prospect take on a completely overmatched oponent in a 55$ excibition.

Comment

Originally posted by dans View Post
                Yeah the poster top rank was spewing some crazy **** about real boxing fans by ppv instead of streaming & support their fave fighters no matter what,not me 1 fighter isn't above the sport in its intirety!!Marquez Floyd had no business on ppv,neither Mosley-Mora & Margarito has no business there either!!If a fighter's gonna move up in weight,even it it be a catchweight that man should fight a champion or an elite fighter!!

Comment

how about:
                  option 1 (for free):
                  ???? vs. Bryan Vera

or option 2 (ppv)
                  haye v harrison
                  groves v anderson
                  ashley sexton v a 14W-14L-3D fighter for the british flyweight title

Both those are on the same night. Thats the sky options btw.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                    how about:
                    option 1 (for free):
                    ???? vs. Bryan Vera

or option 2 (ppv)
                    haye v harrison
                    groves v anderson
                    ashley sexton v a 14W-14L-3D fighter for the british flyweight title

Both those are on the same night. Thats the sky options btw.
                    I always find it interesting that the British don't seem to have to pay. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X