No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Examining The Broner-Maidana Scorecards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Examining The Broner-Maidana Scorecards

Marcos Maidana scored two knockdowns and won a clear decision over Adrien Broner on all three judges’ scorecards.

Judge Levi Martinez had Maidana winning 117-109, giving him 10 of the 12 rounds. The only rounds he gave to Broner were Round 5 and Round 12.

Interestingly, Martinez was the only judge to score the eighth round an even 9-9. That was the round in which Maidana knocked Broner down, but later had a point taken away due to an intentional head butt. The other two judges scored that round 9-8 for Maidana. [Click Here To Read More]

What was that ref doing? Deducting a point from Maidana (to be expected) but not from Broner for the 1,000 things he did that were out of line?

Not to be trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by HebrewHammer View Post
      What was that ref doing? Deducting a point from Maidana (to be expected) but not from Broner for the 1,000 things he did that were out of line?

Not to be trusted.
      Because Broner was supposed to be the next Mayweather. Now, he's just the next Berto.

Comment

To hell with Broner-this loser deserved the headbutt. He was milking that anyways acting like he was in a seizure.

Broner gets no pity from me-Paulie didn't act as much of a b1tch as Broner did when AB kicked him in the balls. Broner should have been docked 2 points at least.

Nothing pleased me more than watching Broner get his azz handed to him by Maidana-who is a very off and on fighter. If that was Matthysse in there-we can bet Broner would have gotten sparked cold.

Comment

broner had a chance to come back on the cards but could not adjust and get output going. even with a point deduction maidana beat him clearly, props to broner for hanging in there I didn't think it would see the scorecards

Comment

Originally posted by dankitydank View Post
            Because Broner was supposed to be the next Mayweather. Now, he's just the next Berto.
            Exactly what I have said...he is just another Berto-flat footed, stationary and hittable. I never understood the comparisons between him and Floyd. Floyd is a boxing genius-Broner is an absolute idiot who tried to fight toe to toe with a better scrapper in Maidana...Berto does this as well, tries to brawl with brawlers and gets his azz kicked.

Comment

Maidana had a case for winning 11 rounds. He simply whooped and nearly shut out Broner.

Comment

No matter how broner tries to spin it this fight wasnt even close. How about the showtime guys scoring in the 7th? , whata joke. Paulie had it even after 6 lol. I usually respect Paulie's commentating but his judging on the unofficial scorecards was a little suspect last nite. I hope him being with al Haymon now doesn't conflict with his opinion when it comes to whatever fight is at hand.

Comment

Analyzing the cards is just a weak attempt of creating doubt or the illusion of competitiveness. Maidana broke that b!tch's ass. Thats the final score.

Comment

I gave Broner 2rds, and at most I could see 3. This is spot on, and god judging.

Comment

Working...
                    X