No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Vazquez: Mercito Gesta Will Be a Tougher Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Vazquez: Mercito Gesta Will Be a Tougher Fight

IBF lightweight champion Miguel Vazquez (32-3, 13KOs) expects a very tough fight against undefeated Filipino contender Mercito Gesta (26-0-1, 14KOs) on December 8th in Las Vegas, as part of the Manny Pacquiao-Juan Manuel Marquez HBO pay-per-view undercard at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Vazquez retained his title on Saturday with a twelve round split decision over mandatory challenger Marvin Quintero.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by Mr. Grimm
    some boring guy vs a complete an utter bum
    Yea, and the guy that's a "complete utter bum" is gonna win.

Comment

I was hoping Gesta would fight Broner and if Gesta's a bum, he's an undefeated bum. He looked average in some fights, but he's learning. You can't fatten a pig in one day. Vazquez has his hands full, Gesta is tough, and with only 13 KOs Vazquez may not be able to keep this bum off of him.

Comment

lol at everyone referring to gesta as bum in this thread

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
          lol at everyone referring to gesta as bum in this thread
          Bad start, but I'm not jumping on the Gesta bandwagon just yet. Vazquez looked weak enough, last time out, for Gesta to capitalize. Gesta is still far from the best, but I think the fight will be good, because Vazquez has defects too (lack of power for one). I think Vazquez would have been a much easier foe than Demarco for Broner, so I'm giving Broner props for taking the harder fight.

Comment

all i gotta say is vazquez has no shot against broner

Comment

Jumping Canyons for Gesta. Went from fighting people not even inside the top 100 to a top 5 LW.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Jumping Canyons for Gesta. Went from fighting people not even inside the top 100 to a top 5 LW.
                i like vazquez against gesta

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  And Quintera went from being knocked out by ancient light punching Attah and often KO'd Tyrone Harris and he gave Vasquez fits last night - so thats a lot bigger than a Canyon, yet you didn't complain about Quintero getting a shot.
                  Last edited by richardt; 10-28-2012, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
                    all i gotta say is vazquez has no shot against broner
                    I tend to agree, but broner looked fallible against a limited guy in ponce de leon. Granted, de leon has the great equalizer in his power but he gave broner fits. Vazquez's problem is he has nothing to keep broner honest and i've never seen him hit as much as he was againt quintero. That's a recipe for disaster against broner.

Comment

Working...
                    X