No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James DeGale Shreds Eubank Jr, Talks Hennessy Move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James DeGale Shreds Eubank Jr, Talks Hennessy Move

Remember James DeGale, the 2008 Olympic middleweight gold medalist who raced to 10-0 in his early days as a pro, picking up the British title en route before losing a close one to local rival George Groves? If you don’t, then you’re going to be reminded what the fighter known as “Chunky” is all about come October 13 when he fights on British soil for the first time in almost a year when appearing at Kent’s Bluewater venue.

DeGale’s only other fight of 2012, a fourth-round stoppage of Cristian Sanavia, took place in April amidst a struggle to extract himself from a managerial and promotional agreement with former handler Frank Warren, who is still appealing the BBBoC’s decision to allow DeGale to determine his contracts. [Click Here To Read More]

Surprised he's gone with Hennessey.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      Surprised he's gone with Hennessey.
      I'm not.

He said ages ago he'd do anything for free to air television performances.

Comment

Good interview. Pleased he is on terrestrial rather than box nation so I can watch the fights.

Degale v Eubank is potentially massive in the future. Eubank sounds like a complete **** tho if what chunky says is true. Degale is no saint either to be fair..

Comment

James DeGale lecturing people on manners and professionalism, priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
            Good interview. Pleased he is on terrestrial rather than box nation so I can watch the fights.

Degale v Eubank is potentially massive in the future. Eubank sounds like a complete **** tho if what chunky says is true. Degale is no saint either to be fair..
            I have seen him interviewed on youtube, he comes across level-headed and not at all the character DeGale portrays. I think most of the trouble he had came when he was younger.

Comment

The Eubanks are crazy people, you cant denie it.

Comment

I forgot DeGale existed honestly. He lost to Groves, so he shouldn't be "shredding" anyone.

Comment

Having his future fights on terrestrial TV would be a good move, theoretically, for Degale but will only prove to be so if Fatty Hennessy can get him the right high profile opponents. Don't hold your breath, Chunky.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    I have seen him interviewed on youtube, he comes across level-headed and not at all the character DeGale portrays. I think most of the trouble he had came when he was younger.
                    Yeah I've seen most of his post fight interviews on Channel 5 and he seemed a decent kid. DeGale could be bull****ting I suppose.

Maybe he is gonna try and copy his Dad in playing a villain's role though. He has copied him at most other things as it is..

Comment

Working...
                    X