No announcement yet.

Froch vs Eubank Jr in EPIC sparring session

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    That plus a few one round destructions against a few journeymen.

But other than BJS and O'Sullivan, who has he fought to allow us to gauge his improvement? No one.

BJS and O'Sullivan were his biggest fights to date.
    And what improvements did you see before those fights? Considering you didn't even see the full BJS fight I'd be curious to know.

Comment

That plus a few one round destructions against a few journeymen.

But other than BJS and O'Sullivan, who has he fought to allow us to gauge his improvement? No one.

BJS and O'Sullivan were his biggest fights to date.
      Dmitry Chudinov was a good MW and Eubank gave him a scary beatdown.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        And what improvements did you see before those fights? Considering you didn't even see the full BJS fight I'd be curious to know.
        That's correct, I didn't watch the BJS fight.

But if you'd relax and try to hear me, maybe you can understand what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is, from the time this sparring session took place, which was two years ago (i.e. April 2014), I'd think Chris Eubank Jr has improved from the time he fought Robert Swierzbinski 'til now. Whether it's more experience, increased power/stamina, etc.

You're saying you don't think he's improved from his fight against Robert Swierzbinski to his last fight against Nick Blackwell?

I don't have to see Eubank fight 10 times to assume he's made improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          Dmitry Chudinov was a good MW and Eubank gave him a scary beatdown.
          I missed that fight.

Do you think Eubank Jr has made improvements from his fight against Robert Swierzbinski, May 2014, to now?

Comment

I missed that fight.

Do you think Eubank Jr has made improvements from his fight against Robert Swierzbinski, May 2014, to now?
            It was really hard to gauge him before he fought Saunders b/c no of those early opponents challenged him really. I thought you could see significant improvement from the Saunders to Chudinov fights.

O'Sullivan & Blackwell had small moments of success against Eubank, but he was too big for them. He has a SMW frame, but he's young enough (and dedicated enough) to make 160lbs just fine. Doran will be a waste of time like Tony Jeter was. I would really like to see him fight N'Dam or Khurtsidze before stepping up to the top.

Comment

if saunders and eubank got it on again then i'd be all over eubank to win that. let's face it, eubank gave away those first 4 rounds because he was being an idiot.

Comment

froch almost got ko;d

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  It was really hard to gauge him before he fought Saunders b/c no of those early opponents challenged him really. I thought you could see significant improvement from the Saunders to Chudinov fights.

O'Sullivan & Blackwell had small moments of success against Eubank, but he was too big for them. He has a SMW frame, but he's young enough (and dedicated enough) to make 160lbs just fine. Doran will be a waste of time like Tony Jeter was. I would really like to see him fight N'Dam or Khurtsidze before stepping up to the top.
                  And that's all I was really trying to tell Soul Survivor is that I thought Eubanks has made improvements from the time he sparred Froch two years ago to now. It's a simple assumption that doesn't require seeing Eubank fight 10 times to make.

That said, those fights against N'dam and Khurtsidze are great matches as well, but if the GGG fight comes before Jacobs, I'd like to see it very much.

I remember seeing him against O'Sullivan and thinking he was very vulnerable during the exchanges. I seem to remember Sully stunning him a time or two as well.

You know I'm a Jacobs fan, but I genuinely believe that if Eubank fought Jacobs, Jacobs would catch him during those exchanges and it might be a short night.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Jnr really hasn't improved in that time. He hasn't even improved since the Saunders fight. He still makes the same mistake, still poses too much, gets caught too much and swings wild, wide shots. He has just fought a lower level of opposition so has looked better.

As long as Snr is around, Jnr will not improve. Sad but true.

GGG wrecks Jnr if he thinks he can fight like that against him.
                    I agree that the posing will have to go when he faces GGG. Still don't get how his coaches still allow this idiot to pose while he's still inside the pocket.

I understand from out of range he can do that stuff and clown around, that's okay, but inside tha damn pocket and within punching range? Defaq?

I disagree with the wild shots accusation. He, like Wilder, only throws wild shots when the opponent is hurt, and it's not as dangerous for them as it would be for a normal fighter because they are so quick to close the distance when the opponent is hurt that the guy doesn't know what up until he already getting bombed by a barrage of wild yes, but extremely fast and surprisingly accurate shots that all a guy can do is cover up until they recover.

If he just threw wild shots randomly I would agree, but he actually fights smart (posing aside) and efficiently when the opponent isn't hurt.

The posing, damn, defaq would you pose inside the pocket for?

Comment

And that's all I was really trying to tell Soul Survivor is that I thought Eubanks has made improvements from the time he sparred Froch two years ago to now. It's a simple assumption that doesn't require seeing Eubank fight 10 times to make.

That said, those fights against N'dam and Khurtsidze are great matches as well, but if the GGG fight comes before Jacobs, I'd like to see it very much.

I remember seeing him against O'Sullivan and thinking he was very vulnerable during the exchanges. I seem to remember Sully stunning him a time or two as well.

You know I'm a Jacobs fan, but I genuinely believe that if Eubank fought Jacobs, Jacobs would catch him during those exchanges and it might be a short night.
                      Nah he fixed that mistake even within that fight. He was staying too long in the pocket against O'sullivan, allowing him to get left hook counters on jnr.

However, I think after the third round he stopped staying in the pocket too long and stuck to one two and one-two-three combinations, which basically ended the night for O'sullivan as he just became a punching bag after that.

If Eubank would now stop posing in the pocket and work on developing power behind his straight right hand (he as a good right cross and uppercut, but his straight right is lacking in power and thrust), then he would be complete.

Comment

Working...
                      X