Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal Favorites That Might Not Be All-Time Greats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jorge Castro is a personal favorite of mine. I loved his heart and the amazing comeback KO of David Jackson. Pure guts and maté.

Qawi clowned fighters like no other (well, maybe Pepp and Locche...). I loved his utter schooling of Spinks where he avoided about four consecutive hooks Spinks threw then smashed him with a combo, all the time with a massive grin on his face.

Carl Thompson was a hell of a fun fighter, always gave it his all win or lose. Benn as well.

Emmanuel Augustus, the drunken master, of course. Unreal some of the things he did in the ring.

Kind of like Danny Green, even though he's an idiot.

Oleg Maskaev was one of the more entertaining heavies of the last decade, though I like him more for his unwavering determination and his odds-defying moments in his rocky career as much as for his power. Glencoffe Johnson for many of the same reasons.

Enjoyed watching In Jin Chi with his guts n' glory style and his incredible inflating indestructible head.

Comment

Yoko Gushiken
      Miguel Lora
      Lionel Rose
      Marlon Starling
      Ike Quartey

Comment

I alwaysliked the prince, his overly confident attitude was hillarious

Comment

Alexis Arguello, class act!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossman View Post
            Alexis Arguello, class act!
            He's undoubtedly a great!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Of course he is.

Look at the **** he say's. They way he convinces people he's being serious is the real genius behind it.

The guy say's Virgil Hill is greater than Whitaker yet people believe he's being serious

he's an evil genius

perhaps he's some alt of some history section poster, using his vast knowledge of boxing to make himself appear all the more humorous

probably crold or hhascup's alt, lol

serious, high level, ATG trolling.

hook
              line
              sinker

Comment

Luisito Espinoza, he is the one that first got me into boxing.

Comment

Ray Mancini and Nigel Benn are two other favorites of mine as well. Very entertaining and tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    Ray Mancini and Nigel Benn are two other favorites of mine as well. Very entertaining and tough.
                    Can't remember the exact details but, I liked Mancini ever since that moment in the Arguello fight where I think he thumbed him and Alexis hesitated and grimaced. Mancini waited for Arguello to recover instead of pouncing on him, or something like that. Been a while since I watched it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                      Can't remember the exact details but, I liked Mancini ever since that moment in the Arguello fight where I think he thumbed him and Alexis hesitated and grimaced. Mancini waited for Arguello to recover instead of pouncing on him, or something like that. Been a while since I watched it.
                      Class act he was, I liked him as a commentator as well the guy knows his boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X