No announcement yet.

Get in shape Contest!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE REED™
    I used to have this stigma about my back.

Never deadlifted or squatted because I didnt want to hurt my back.

But thats bull****... My back and your shoulders will never get stronger if we dont work them.

I started deadlifts and squats with LIGHT weight, and just stayed consistent, and noticed immediate gains.

I suggest you start doing shoulder press every shoulder day... just start LIGHT... but stay consistent. They will strengthen.
    Good advice.

. When I do straight arm raises for the shoulders, I can feel the strain on my joints because I have long arms. I'm 188cm 165 pounds - I'm a skinny muddafuka!
    I use cables for the medial head I think it's called. You can feel the constant tension on the muscles even though I'm using really light weight.

That shorter range of motion can keep constant tension on muscles when doing shoulder press.

Your right. I won't be able to bench press as I would like to because I've got weak shoulders. When I hit the heavy bag, I can feel the strain on my shoulder joints sometimes. And the stamina isn't there with my left shoulder , so much so that I have to be a switch hitter and adopt different stance.

Comment

• I think it's better to use muscle isolation exercises before trying out compound movements.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
        I think it's better to use muscle isolation exercises before trying out compound movements.
        Personally, compound movements are a MUST that is where the strength and size gains come... isolation movements should just supplement the other.

shoulder/delt workouts of da GODZ:

OHP 4x5
        Arnold Presses 3x8 or Bradford presses
        Lateral Raises 4x8-10 start with a low weight and go up each set, then the last set you do a drop set starting with the highest to the lowest... crushes mid delts
        Face Pulls - 3x8-10
        Bent over raises - 3x8-10

This is what I do and my delts have been growing pretty well. I just kind of threw in the rep ranges... I usually just do low reps for compounds and higher reps for isolations with a lot of super sets and drop sets.

Comment

• Do any of you take a rest week? it can really help you recover get stronger and see gains.

For the longest time when I was in my late teens early 20s I thought more was better and was training every day or 6 days a week for a couple years on end and wondered why I wasn't seeing gains. I did some research about split routines 6 years ago and used them ever since, the advice I have read recommends 8-12 weeks of intense training followed by 1 week off to give your CNS a rest. I usually do an 11 week on 1 week off, works well but feel guilty about not doing anything for a week. I yearn to lift heavy metal objects right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Do any of you take a rest week? it can really help you recover get stronger and see gains.

For the longest time when I was in my late teens early 20s I thought more was better and was training every day or 6 days a week for a couple years on end and wondered why I wasn't seeing gains. I did some research about split routines 6 years ago and used them ever since, the advice I have read recommends 8-12 weeks of intense training followed by 1 week off to give your CNS a rest. I usually do an 11 week on 1 week off, works well but feel guilty about not doing anything for a week. I yearn to lift heavy metal objects right now.
            Frying your central nervous system?! That **** is for hippie muddafukas.

It's common sense , just listen to your body. If you feel tired then take the day off.

Comment

Frying your central nervous system?! That **** is for hippie muddafukas.

It's common sense , just listen to your body. If you feel tired then take the day off.
              Read on it, it is advised for maybe someone my age around 30 to take a week off after 8-12 weeks of intense training and old fossils who still lift brah around 3 weeks even.

Comment

Read on it, it is advised for maybe someone my age around 30 to take a week off after 8-12 weeks of intense training and old fossils who still lift brah around 3 weeks even.
                I've heard that. It's advised for any age. But half these mudda****as don't know what they are talking about . Do what makes you feel better.

If you hit chest on Monday, wait until Thursday to hit it again. Hit some other muscles like legs in between . If I took a weeks break , I would be moody as Fk.

Comment

I've heard that. It's advised for any age. But half these mudda****as don't know what they are talking about . Do what makes you feel better.

If you hit chest on Monday, wait until Thursday to hit it again. Hit some other muscles like legs in between . If I took a weeks break , I would be moody as Fk.
                  I do each muscle group once a week, more frequency doesn't = more gains you get your gains from food and proper rest.

I did it wrong for years thinking more was better, you have to get the frequency volume and intensity of your lifting just right. I was skeptical at first about the week break thing but I saw no regression in the week as long as my food intake was up and felt refreshed when I started the new program where I just switched up different exercises for the same muscles maybe changed the day of the week I did muscle A,B, or C and went from a 4 day split to a 3 or a 5. day.

Comment

I do each muscle group once a week, more frequency doesn't = more gains you get your gains from food and proper rest.

I did it wrong for years thinking more was better, you have to get the frequency volume and intensity of your lifting just right. I was skeptical at first about the week break thing but I saw no regression in the week as long as my food intake was up and felt refreshed when I started the new program where I just switched up different exercises for the same muscles maybe changed the day of the week I did muscle A,B, or C and went from a 4 day split to a 3 or a 5. day.
                    You get gains from all 3.

Breaking the muscle fibers down through lifting, repairing and building them back stronger through nutrition and rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      You get gains from all 3.

Breaking the muscle fibers down through lifting, repairing and building them back stronger through nutrition and rest.
                      Clearly yes, I am just trying to point to how I made the mistake of constantly training because I didn't know any better and thought more was always better.

Comment

Working...
                      X